got a couple of US made screwdrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed a couple of screwdrivers for the in-house tool box. I ended up at Home Depot in the Electrical Department. They have a nice selection of US made Klein Tools screwdrivers. Just thought I'd mention it (in time for the holidays?).

Nice tools, Klein also makes some of the very best pliers in the business. They cater to the pro that's why you don't find them in the tool isle.
grin.gif

Tools, testers, in KT backpack (keep it there with connections, tape, etc).. love it ...

I like my cheap non-US screwdriver, it does a good job at screwing/unscrewing screws

Originally Posted By: Trav
I like my non US screwdrivers too but they aint cheap.

Lmao, those are definitely not cheap :]

Klein tools work well for electricians but they don't bite the JIS phillips found on many cars these days and often strip the heads out on first try. I've had best luck with Husky and Milwaukee #2 sets from HD for those. (I know you can buy JIS screwdrivers but I'm lazy)

Gruezi!

I've got the same PB Swiss except with SwissGrip handles. I've got screwdrivers from about 10 different good manufacturers and PB Swiss have the most comfortable handles and best quality tips I'v seen.

The Klein handles are very good also, comfortable and grippy, though not great for getting oily.

Originally Posted By: Rand
The handle ergonomics are quite excellent.

I'm trying to imagine how they'd feel in my hand. They definitely have an unusual shape.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The handle ergonomics are quite excellent.

I'm trying to imagine how they'd feel in my hand. They definitely have an unusual shape.

Basically it hugely reduces fatigue and "crampyness"(is that a word
crackmeup2.gif
)
Works great when you have to use a screwdriver for extended periods and is very comfortable yet not "sticky" like a soft-touch handle is.
The etching on the tips make it much more secure so they dont slip as much.

I rarely use nice screwdrivers so take that review with a grain of salt vs premium screwdrivers.. but vs basic screwdrivers they are a good step up.

61LB1oqVojL._SL1500_.jpg

I just got a set of
https://www.amazon.com/Wera-Kraftform-Sc...6WNPQXXARK5VP5D
A nice step up from my 3-4 sets of free HF garbage.

Clicked on that link, and it said "You purchased this item on August 3, 2016."

I also have this set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9SI60/

Taking those two into account, possibly my favorite set, from a price/quality ratio is a lowly set of 8 HF Pittsburgh screwdrivers. Orange-straight,green-phillips with grey rubber/plastic overmoulding. Ten dollars for the set about 4 years ago, and all still in near perfect condition after being used a lot. Tried to buy another set like it a few months later, but they were no longer stocked.

Last edited:
Nice tools, Klein also makes some of the very best pliers in the business. They cater to the pro that's why you don't find them in the tool isle.
grin.gif

You mean aisle.

Kleins don't impress me. Electricians seems to like them but I'll keep my HF professional screwdrivers for a fraction of the cost.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
grin.gif

You mean aisle.

Kleins don't impress me. Electricians seems to like them but I'll keep my HF professional screwdrivers for a fraction of the cost.

How often do you use these HF screwdrivers and for what tasks?

Originally Posted By: Leo99

You mean aisle.

The Spelling Police have arrived. I'm sure we all knew what he meant.

I use some HF tools as well.. doesnt mean I would use them professionally unless it was very specific tools... or I wanted tools that I didnt care if they walked away.

The absolute best screwdrivers I've had are Crescent Industrial. You can not tear them up. I did manage to bend one of the flat blades using as a pry bar. Craftsman phillips are good. Their flat blades snap off way too easy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back