What would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the car aligned last year, from what i remember on the print out toe was near 0.04 all 4 corners.

No major suspension work was done or impacts of any degree. I've checked and had the alignment guy check for worn bushings or etc.

But both F/R left toe is slightly off. Enough to kill my front tire in 7k miles. Front tire is showing metal belts. It looks like the wear is ONLY 1.5 inches on the inner side of the tire. Rear tire looks OK. I brought it in to get checked because there was a slight pull when turning left.

I had the tech bring it back to near 0 toe. He thinks i should get a camber kit for the fronts (I have one for the rears).

I'm more concerned with why the toe changed on BOTH driver side. Tie rods in front look good, no play in anything. Rear toe adjustment is a Ecentric bolt in the rear subframe, everything looked decent. One corner i can expect a bad part or something both front and rear without an impact is something else. I'm not trying to buy another set of tires. Any thoughts?

**Disregard the Camber, the car is lowered with a camber kit.**

These were the before measurements.

Check the inner bushing on the lower control arms. Those will sometimes separate on the older G35s and cause the condition you described.

Also, almost every G35 on the road will need compression rod bushings at some point. We install Whiteline bushings in place of the factory bushing kit with improved durability. However, the compression rod bushings should not affect tire wear in the way that you described.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Check the inner bushing on the lower control arms. Those will sometimes separate on the older G35s and cause the condition you described.

Also, almost every G35 on the road will need compression rod bushings at some point. We install Whiteline bushings in place of the factory bushing kit with improved durability. However, the compression rod bushings should not affect tire wear in the way that you described.

You bring up 2 weak points of the g35.

I know the exact innner bushing you speak of as there are plenty of youtube videos and people on the forums posting about it. It was the first part i checked with a pry bar to see if it was moving much and it was not.

Compression rods were replaced by dealership with the updated part @60k. But it should alter my toe that much, it is more of caster that it changes.

We do have junk roads here in chicago, mainly due to salt. I might just do the whiteline bushings just as preventive maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back