no spill gas can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a safety gas can with flex spout. Its the best gas can I have owned. Better than the old plastic gas containers with the plastic flex spout. (Those plastic flex spouts would crack at the wrong time and your then left with a 2" or 3" spout and spilled gas.)

For those with any kind of attached garage, you really should only have the safety gas cans in your garage. Keep the plastic ones in a shed or barn.

Most of the current fuel cans take a little 'reworking' to get proper venting. Check Utube for methods.

Originally Posted By: Geauxtiger
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

I have that one; it's good. Get this to go with it:

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Chilton-Br...viglink20245-20

Yup. with these you can have cans that vent 'properly' like the good ole days and likely have a few left over to give as stocking stuffers for friends and family! They work great

Update: Actually, if anyone considers purchasing some of the vents, then these from Ebay are the way to go. They have a retaining lip to prevent the caps from slipping back out of the can. Also, they do not require the special 31/64" bit that the Amazon version requires. A common 1/2" bit for the ebay version works.

Update: Actually, if anyone considers purchasing some of the vents, then these from Ebay are the way to go. They have a retaining lip to prevent the caps from slipping back out of the can. Also, they do not require the special 31/64" bit that the Amazon version requires. A common 1/2" bit for the ebay version works.

How do you know the ones on Amazon don't have the retaining lip ?

I'll repeat, think safety gas cans in any attached garage. Five gallons of gas in a plastic gas can could make a tiny easy-to-put-out fire a huge burn-your-house-down fire easily.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

How do you know the ones on Amazon don't have the retaining lip ?

Read the Amazon reviews and looked closely at the pics. Compare with the ones on ebay that I linked. They clearly have a lip. I needed some more and almost bought the Amazon ones until I started seeing reviews about need for the 31/64" bit and possibly some sort of adhesive. Went to ebay and found the ones I had purchased before...and bought them.

Read the Amazon reviews and looked closely at the pics. Compare with the ones on ebay that I linked. They clearly have a lip. I needed some more and almost bought the Amazon ones until I started seeing reviews about need for the 31/64" bit and possibly some sort of adhesive. Went to ebay and found the ones I had purchased before...and bought them.

Awe Hah . . . good answer.
grin2.gif

Go with the metal ones. I get the ones with the removeable plastic funnel. Once you get used to the they work great. I still forget to burp them before I poure from time to time and make a mess but much better control than the plastic ones.

Some of the metal ones with the flexible spout are a pain to operate.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
I want to purchase a no spill gas can. Any recomendations? I was thinking of this one
https://www.amazon.com/No-Spill-1405-2-1...eywords=gas+can

I have one of these in the 1.25 gallon capacity. Excellent for filling my snow blower with the tank on top of the engine. Spout goes in the hole, push the button and it flows until I let go of the button. No mess.

I was out west hunting a month or so ago. One of the guys had a gas can that required the spout to go down into the gas every time you closed it up. Who ever though about that hair brained idea? So you get gas all over your hands every time you set up to pour.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
I was out west hunting a month or so ago. One of the guys had a gas can that required the spout to go down into the gas every time you closed it up. Who ever though about that hair brained idea? So you get gas all over your hands every time you set up to pour.

My Dad had one of those a while back, I hated it for that exact reason.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe

My Dad had one of those a while back, I hated it for that exact reason.

My 1 gallon gas can has that.. as long as you dont shake the can you can pull it out without getting gas on your hands. of course I used mine for 2 cycle gas.. and always shake it...
33.gif

My favorite gas can was one of these.

m_u2sjgBwAlY7CCEY37b6bQ.jpg

Never spelled EVER! and poured fast or slow depending on if you opened the vent... Or you could just pop a finger on the vent to slow it down

gas can and EZ Pour Nozzle

This the best and most cost effective option. Pours out gas just like the old cans. I put the vent on the back of the handle of the can. Use a 1/2 spade bit to drill the hole. The Scepter can is good and heavy plastic, but it gets bad reviews because of the spout design which you'll be throwing away anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back