5.3 Vortec Coolant leak help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe have to remove it, allow the coolant to drain, refill, and put some RTV gasket maker around the base of the plug?

This is an picture of my engine. Looks like a simple fix but access is tight and is feels really stuck. Open to suggestions...

I believe it is a port that has a plug in it. Could be used for a sensor. Probably needs thread sealer.
Try soaking it in pb blaster.

Are you sure it is leaking there? The heater hoses are above there and it could be dripping down.

Good luck getting it out. That area is a pain to get to. Might be worth taking to a dealer to fix.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Are you sure it is leaking there? The heater hoses are above there and it could be dripping down.

Good luck getting it out. That area is a pain to get to. Might be worth taking to a dealer to fix.

+1. I just had to replace the quick connects. Hot coolant does a number on the plastic and they get flexed every time the plastic engine cover comes off.

It is likely the quick connects which can be removed and the heater hoses clamped directly to the aluminum heater core pipes.

If it is the plug then R&R with sealer. Check the acidity of your coolant as it may be time to flush. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back