Apex or Galloway Spring Kit for SD9VE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to get an SD9VE for a great price last week - 295 out the door. Plan on keeping it stock for awhile but a lot of folks don't care for the heavy trigger. Anyone have any info or advice about which spring kit works better to improve the trigger issues - Apex or Galloway? The Galloway includes a new sear spring while the Apex does not. Any input?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Some times a stock trigger does what needs to be done. Run it a while

Thanks CT8 - that's what I'm gonna do - the trigger's heavy for a reason and if it works out ok I'll leave it stock. Just wanted to see if any members have any experience with these spring kits (just in case).

I have two of these. I LOVE them. I use them as back pack guns or truck guns. People talk bad about these pistols, which isn't fair, because they compare it to the old sigma pistols. These new pistols are NOT Sigma pistols. They have about an 8 pound revolver like trigger pull, which is PERFECT for new shooters or those that won't get a lot of training. Its a safe, well designed trigger. I start new shooters off on this pistol because it is the perfect new shooter gun. The trigger requires good fundamentals, and teaches good fundamentals, due to the somewhat longish double action pull.

One of my pistols is stock, and I plan to keep it that way. The other one has a $20 Apex spring kit, and the trigger pull is very nice. When I let people shoot it they are completely surprised, because all they ever hear is how terrible the triggers are, which is definitely not the case on these new pistols, especially with the trigger kit installed.

These pistols were $265 shipped last week during the sales. At that price, you wont find a better deal or better pistol in its price range.

These are decent guns for the price. Apex is pretty much the gold standard for aftermarket triggers for S&W automatics, but i would just get used to the factory trigger. It's a budget gun, so I wouldn't drop a bunch of money into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back