Bosch = Supertech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be a dishonest customer switching filters & hiding a Bosch filter in a SuperTech box.

Originally Posted By: ja5684
My guess would be a dishonest customer switching filters & hiding a Bosch filter in a SuperTech box.

Correct.

That was my first thought too, but I'm not joking, there were a dozen of them. Do you think there was a thief that meticulous?

The Walmart I go to is the same. Also ST in ultra boxes. In fact I couldn't buy my number awhile back because of this, so I went and bought Toyota filters. I think your comment and picture should be sent to the store manager and corporate if possible.

So they swapped a Wix for a Purolator?

Are they crazy?
crazy2.gif

Thieves at Walmart are disgusting. How would you like to buy a jug of oil to find out it was used oil? People are no good. How much would it cost for the filter manufacturer to place a plastic seal on each box?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Id rather just buy the supertech filter... and get a supertech and not a bosch LOL.

+1 , all day every day
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Patrologia
That was my first thought too, but I'm not joking, there were a dozen of them. Do you think there was a thief that meticulous?

I do. They now have several years worth of oil filters for their vehicle. We should find out which BITOG member lives near you and has a vehicle that takes those filters.

Just yesterday saw the same thing. A Fram Extra Guard in the nice Bosch box. That means that a thief bought a Bosch filter at an Extra Guard price. For reals? Someone stoops this low for 5-6 bucks. I hate thieves.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Thieves at Walmart are disgusting. How would you like to buy a jug of oil to find out it was used oil? People are no good. How much would it cost for the filter manufacturer to place a plastic seal on each box?

I've had this happen before the store would not believe me. I'm sure I could have started a shouting match, but I just let it go. Now I triple check the seal is intact. I avoid shopping at Walmart (any store really) in the poorer neighborhoods as that's where I initially got it from - there seems to be people that go out of their way to pull this off. Just pay the extra $3 for the better filter so you're not screwing over other people.

Quote:
....How much would it cost for the filter manufacturer to place a plastic seal on each box?

That's done with the FU and seen anecdotes from WM posted/mentioned where a swap out to the orange can has been done. Low lifes are low lifes and are going to do their worst if it's possible. Sad but true. And opening the BD+ box takes a little effort to open the plastic clasp.

While I don't know how the latest iteration of the 'M&H' BD+ is, I've run two older model, one two ocis with excellent results. That said, I got them for less than a third of current price and with the FU now available for less, not a good first choice in that tier filter.

i'm actually surprised we haven't seen more of this.

honestly i've gotten in the habit of opening the box before i purchase the filter i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back