BITOG Silencer/Suppressor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been posted before.
cheers3.gif

ftd-oilcan-sil-630x339.jpg

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/can-you-believe-how-quiet-this-oil-filter-silencer-shoots-video/

Just don't use a Purolator. Those louvers will definitely reduce the bullet's velocity. Plus why risk having your silencer rip apart?

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Bad idea. Unregistered it's a federal crime. Better safe than sorry.

The one shown is legal.You can acquire such a registered adaptor. A popular suppressor filter is a Wix fuel filter.

The guy in the video states that it involves a $200 stamp and he said that several times.

You don't really think someone who already owns a real suppressor (read that the BATF has his name, address, fingerprints, photo, etc. is dumb enough to violate federal law and show his face and do it on U tube?

Lighten up. It's all in fun. Legally.

lol calm yourself. The adapter from barrel to filter is registered. Relax, its all for a laugh.

@fungus1122122

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

The guy in the video states that it involves a $200 stamp and he said that several times.

You don't really think someone who already owns a real suppressor (read that the BATF has his name, address, fingerprints, photo, etc. is dumb enough to violate federal law and show his face and do it on U tube?

Lighten up. It's all in fun. Legally.
Yes, I saw the video. There are many who buy these adapters who don't register them though. A warning to those who don't follow the current law. I agree, the new administration should dispose of their regulation.

Originally Posted By: holdorf333
lol calm yourself. The adapter from barrel to filter is registered. Relax, its all for a laugh.

@fungus1122122

Incorrect:

Legal versions the filter is a serialized and registered part as well as the adapter. The filter cannot be changed without sending them to the manufacturer to be changed and stamped, to do otherwise is illegal manufacturing or modification of a registered device, a big No-no. Cadiz gun works

With the news today being rampant with another shooting at a College in Ohio, Oh whoops, the media got it wrong, it was a gradute mowing students down first with a car then using a butcher knife. MN had one do almost the same thing at the Crossroads Mall in St.Cloud till a police firearms instructor doing some shopping put that to an end.
I want a surpessor or two as the dogs hate load bangs and the rabbits and squirrels are to fast for me and a bow.

He's in his backyard having some fun shooting at targets. Do you really think someone is walking around town with an oversized Purolator on the end of their gun?

Well the good news is that a sorta priority of the new administration/congress is to look at removing suppressors from the NFA, so that they can be purchased over the counter on a 4473, just like any other gun, and without the 9 month paperwork back log and $200 tax. Also talk of removing short barrel rifles. If they can get this done in the next four years, FANTASTIC.

My new home defense gun will be a .300 blk short barrel rifle with a suppressor. Also, the integrally suppressed 10/22 from gem-tech will come home with me.

Originally Posted By: bvance554

He's in his backyard having some fun shooting at targets. Do you really think someone is walking around town with an oversized Purolator on the end of their gun?

He also has 10 of thousands of followers some of whom might not be fully aware of how much legal trouble you can get in shooting through an oil filter if caught. Ever have the law just stop by to see what's up when you're out shooting somewhere? We have.

Saw a guy at the local shooting spot having fun putting his short barreled AR with the arm brace up to his shoulder to fire. Slam dunk felony.

Doubt if anyone who knows about Hickok45 is worried about him. He could have explained the legal issues a bit more IMO.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Well the good news is that a sorta priority of the new administration/congress is to look at removing suppressors from the NFA, so that they can be purchased over the counter on a 4473, just like any other gun, and without the 9 month paperwork back log and $200 tax. Also talk of removing short barrel rifles. If they can get this done in the next four years, FANTASTIC.

My new home defense gun will be a .300 blk short barrel rifle with a suppressor. Also, the integrally suppressed 10/22 from gem-tech will come home with me.

Don't hold your breath! The suppressor market is booming and is a HUGE source of income for the BATFE. They aren't going to let that go without a fight.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Saw a guy at the local shooting spot having fun putting his short barreled AR with the arm brace up to his shoulder to fire. Slam dunk felony.

Technically, yes. But is there anyone actually doing time in Leavenworth for, "shouldering a arm braced pistol"?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Was there an on duty ATF agent or other federal agent that enforces federal laws, that witnessed the events? Was the guy notified that his behavior was considered illegal by decree of some ATF bureaucrat? And then afterwards, continued such "illegal" behavior in the presence of the same ATF agent? Or did the guy attempt to use his cheek on the arm brace for sight alignment, and in doing so, accidentally placed the brace against his shoulder? Maybe, while in the course of shooting, he had an itch on his shoulder, and decided to scratch it with the brace portion of the "pistol", and had no ill intent and only intended to scratch his itch.

All the above is ridiculous of course. Just goes to shoes how absolutely ludicrous some ATF laws/regulations are.

Hey guys, I posted this in fun and really didn't think about it getting you into rant mode. That figures, its BITOG!
grin.gif

Didn't anyone notice that he also had a bottle Mobil 1 sitting on the bench?

I found this guy's You tube channel while researching my Savage 99, .300 handed down to me from my grandfather many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back