What are Eco Boost owners using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Fatboymoe
In my 2012 F150 EcoBoost, I used Motorcraft full synthetic 5w30 with okay results. After the warranty was up, I switched to Mobil 1 0w40 and got really good results, especially with the fuel dilution and staying in grade. OCI was 5k with Motorcraft filters.

For my new 2016 F150 3.5 EcoBoost, I dumped the factory fill at 2800 and used Mobil 1 5w30 EP with a Motorcraft FL500s filter. I will send a sample to Blackstone at the end of 5k on this OCI. Curious about the fuel dilution with the 5w30

I had a 2011 3.5 EB that fuel diluted like crazy, it did not matter what oil I used. My 2016 based on my 3 uoa has very minimal dilution (knocks wood) and that makes me happy (Castrol 0w30 edge). The 2.3 has never been tested but I think it dilutes a little based on smell, for whatever that's worth (Kendall 5w30 full syn)

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
From reading this board daily for about a year, Most use Mobil 1.

Most that do their own service. The dealer services use Motorcraft and that is a LOT of vehicles ... Way more than members of BITOG ...

Or what quick lube is around the corner ... ours is Mobil but stocks some MC since Ford guys will ask./
They don't have any other "OEM" oil on the shelf ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back