Walmart Supertech wipers got cheapened

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are now made in China by Rally Manufacturing. The Chinese ST blades have the size in green.

Previously, they were rebranded Anco 31-series made in Mexico. The sieze was indicated in orange.

How do the actual blades look? Are the ones now made in China visually inferior looking?

I recently installed these blade made in China on my mom's car and they work fine.... the again, blades last 1.5 years maximum down here.

Originally Posted By: CKN
How do the actual blades look? Are the ones now made in China visually inferior looking?

They may look similar, but they squeak!

I bought some right before winter and they clean real good . I change blades about every 6 months so I love the price , I paid $3.88 for a 26 inch blade and the same price on my passenger 16inch. I like them even better than the last set of blades that I paid more than twice that price.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

They may look similar, but they squeak!

I don't think you can qualify the quality by the squeak you may be hearing-IMHO. Every windshield is different. Every wiper arm is different. Some get bent-and they are not even noticable to the eye - the are off ever so slightly. Many windshields get road grease on them-that can cause them to squeak. Again, JMHO.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
So, just because they're made in China they're automatically junk?

That's the BITOG typical philosophy! There is so many prevailing attitudes on this board....it's entertaining!.

Last edited:
I replace my wipers once a year and the ST wipers do as good of a job as any $10 wiper IMO. I've always cleaned my windshield with alcohol before installing a new set though.

I'm on the second set and 3 months in, they're still great.

Originally Posted By: Xrs2zz
I replace my wipers once a year and the ST wipers do as good of a job as any $10 wiper IMO. I've always cleaned my windshield with alcohol before installing a new set though.

The change may have happened after you bought your most recent set.

So, just because they're made in China they're automatically junk?

That's the BITOG typical philosophy! There is so many prevailing attitudes on this board....it's entertaining!.
Yeah, I don't know what some people on here will do if Michelin starts making tires in China...

I have a set of Pronto wipers on my Camry, got them 7 months ago and they've been in Arizona heat, they still wipe fantastically. My favorite wipers so far, it'll be getting another set next time when these start streaking.

I paid like $2.80 each for them at Parts Authority. Probably made in China

CKN said:
Nick1994 said:
I have a set of Pronto wipers on my Camry, got them 7 months ago and they've been in Arizona heat, they still wipe fantastically.

How would you know? I spent about two weeks on Thunderbird and 19th in 2012. I think it was July the Fourth it rained. You had to be perfectly still to hear it and I dont think it even hit the ground. Im almost certain it didnt even register officially. It was neat. But, when there I saw some residential houses with rocks for a lawn instead of grasses.

I kept hearing about the monsoon season, whatever that is, but maybe you were referring to using your washer fluid..

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
CKN said:
Nick1994 said:
I have a set of Pronto wipers on my Camry, got them 7 months ago and they've been in Arizona heat, they still wipe fantastically.

How would you know? I spent about two weeks on Thunderbird and 19th in 2012. I think it was July the Fourth it rained. You had to be perfectly still to hear it and I dont think it even hit the ground. Im almost certain it didnt even register officially. It was neat. But, when there I saw some residential houses with rocks for a lawn instead of grasses.

I kept hearing about the monsoon season, whatever that is, but maybe you were referring to using your washer fluid..
It does rain every once in a while, but I use a lot of washer fluid and keep my windshield clean. They're like brand new.

I guess I'll have to look at the packaging when I'm in there next time and see if the store I got them from has switched over.

There is still no evidence "the change" made them an inferior product! It was the OP's opinion-based on nothing.

Last edited:
This thread is dead... but FWIW, I have two relatively recently purchased sets of SuperTech blades on my two cars. I bought them in Aug-Sep. About two months after installation, performance got pretty bad. On both sets almost at the same time! Blades are noisy and streaky. Will have to change them this weekend. These blades were visibly different than ST blades I've purchased before -- the ones that more than likely were rebranded ANCO 31 series -- which is fine but they deteriorated much faster. So clearly I got the new Rally blades. ANCO 31 series and previous gen ST blades normally lasted for about 12 months and were a good deal at $4-5 a blade.

Originally Posted By: anl0109
This thread is dead... but FWIW, I have two relatively recently purchased sets of SuperTech blades on my two cars. I bought them in Aug-Sep. About two months after installation, performance got pretty bad. On both sets almost at the same time! Blades are noisy and streaky. Will have to change them this weekend. These blades were visibly different than ST blades I've purchased before -- the ones that more than likely were rebranded ANCO 31 series -- which is fine but they deteriorated much faster. So clearly I got the new Rally blades. ANCO 31 series and previous gen ST blades normally lasted for about 12 months and were a good deal at $4-5 a blade.

I agree.

Moved to Goodyear Hybrid from Costco for $5 each when on sale. Very happy with them.

I don't change blades for years but Supertech deteriorated very quickly.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Moved to Goodyear Hybrid from Costco for $5 each when on sale. Very happy with them.

I don't change blades for years but Supertech deteriorated very quickly.

I am trying NAPA blades next. I wonder if Michelin blades sold at Walmart are the old ANCO blades? They are on roll back for as low as $3.xx. You never know, they may be same junk as present ST.

Originally Posted By: anl0109
I am trying NAPA blades next. I wonder if Michelin blades sold at Walmart are the old ANCO blades? They are on roll back for as low as $3.xx. You never know, they may be same junk as present ST.

The Michelin wipers are Chinese or Korean Pylons

The Michelin wipers are Chinese or Korean Pylons

I had Michelins once and I think they were ok. Are Pylon products any good or about like Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back