Dewalt sawzall blade clamp, easy to get blade out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking to get a home sawzall- for cutting up plants, and yard work , etc. the last sawzall got dirt in the mechanism that holds the blade- it was a twist 90 degree type chuck that held the blade, and if the blade broke at the end of the chuck I could not get the broken part out of the sawzall.
The dewalt blade clamp looks like it would not have that problem??
anyone used one?

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
Have had no issues with my Dewalt that is a four or five years old now. No issues with replacing blades.

Same here, though mine is a little older. Not sure if the mechanism has changed on the newer ones or not.

I never had an issue with my DeWalt if the blade breaks. Just pull the quick lever and tip the sawzall down and shake it until the broken part falls out.

Look in parking lots for broken-off tines from street sweepers and keep one with your saw. They are great "tools".

Like the others; I've never had a bit of trouble with either type Sawz-All blade clamp.

Dewalt and milwaukee still have US-made models available.

My Milwaukee has the 90 degree type coupler - ive cut all sorts of metals, wood and even concrete with no issues.

I haven't had problem with blade clamps on sawzalls, I would be careful on buying the compact version of the dewalt sawzall, I purchased one and the shaft snapped after a few uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back