Fiat 500L transmission woes at 10k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chrisri
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Strangely, the same transmission in my car runs in the 1000-1700 rpm range all day long. From 41 Mph up you're in top gear.

Unless I choose sports mode, then it never really goes below 1700 rpm, and all the way up beyond the 4500rpm redline. I've seen 4700 rpm out of it through a long and fast corner. When cornering on the edge of grip the transmission waits to shift up.

Please stop spreading lies. Go sell that POS FIAT for whatever you can get and quickly find your self a D4D Toyota. Change the head gasket and cylinder block and you are good to go.

I'd rather walk. I've had enough toyota experience from the trade ins at the dealership I work for.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Strangely, the same transmission in my car runs in the 1000-1700 rpm range all day long. From 41 Mph up you're in top gear.

Unless I choose sports mode, then it never really goes below 1700 rpm, and all the way up beyond the 4500rpm redline. I've seen 4700 rpm out of it through a long and fast corner. When cornering on the edge of grip the transmission waits to shift up.

Please stop spreading lies. Go sell that POS FIAT for whatever you can get and quickly find your self a D4D Toyota. Change the head gasket and cylinder block and you are good to go.

I'd rather walk. I've had enough toyota experience from the trade ins at the dealership I work for.

I can imagine. Friend have a D4D Auris from the affected years, man had over 3k € bill at 80k. Being out of warranty manufacturer refused to participate in both in labour or parts.

Funny thing is we both bought cars the same year, I had clutch replaced at 160k (hydro trust bearing).

Other thing that can cause a high shift point is if the engine is lacking the ability to put out its regular power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back