Thoughts for your lottery winnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Posted to distract you from fuel worries and other signs of the fall of western civilization)

You know you're going to want something distinctive when you win, no L39 for you (uh, but they are 90% less). Nosir. You want to string cables in the cul-de-sac, install meatballs on the roof and join the Tailhook Club. Women will love you, men will wish they were you and children will thrill to your arrivals and departures. And, to think, all it takes is money.
grin.gif

http://www.controller.com/listings/aircr...donnell-douglas

You could get an old UAL 757-200 with P&W 2037s for about the same price, if you really need that bathroom and seats for a few dozen friends...

But I would pick the A-4.

That jet was a lot of fun to fly. And I've got a few carrier landings in one...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
You could get an old UAL 757-200 with P&W 2037s for about the same price, if you really need that bathroom and seats for a few dozen friends...

But I would pick the.

Well as long as I am dreaming...what do you suppose it would cost to put that 757 through a D-check on steroids, full IRAN, engine overhauls, etc. into a low utilization situation? I assume new engines would be simply out of the question. I have a weak heart but what would the direct hourly be on such an aircraft? Best looking commercial aircraft since the Connie in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: Astro14

But I would pick the.

Well as long as I am dreaming...what do you suppose it would cost to put that 757 through a D-check on steroids, full IRAN, engine overhauls, etc. into a low utilization situation? I assume new engines would be simply out of the question. I have a weak heart but what would the direct hourly be on such an aircraft? Best looking commercial aircraft since the Connie in my opinion.

http://www.cardiffaviation.com/

will give you a quote, and train you to drive it.

Bruce Dickinson (probably my all time hero), lead singer of Iron Maiden, once ranked 6th in UK at fencing runs the show...

I've spent a few hours in a different Saab (340), and I've really developed a liking for it...would make a great family caravan/aereal motorhome.

Although Bruce's airships would be much more fuel efficient and give better views.

Quote:

Bruce Dickinson (probably my all time hero), lead singer of Iron Maiden, once ranked 6th in UK at fencing runs the show...

I've spent a few hours in a different Saab (340), and I've really developed a liking for it...would make a great family caravan/aereal motorhome.

Although Bruce's airships would be much more fuel efficient and give better views.

I've enjoyed watching all of the TV shows he has done and, yes indeed, he is living the life. He really is an aviation whiz. The Saab 340/1000/2000 whatever gets good reviews from its crews as well. I only flew in it once or twice way back when as they say. I saw mention of it most recently in a VLOG I follow titled "steveo1kinevo" on youtube. He apparently flew 340's into and out of Cuba early in his career (He doesn't say but I assume from Mexico). His videos are mostly about his day job flying a TBM850 out of South Florida. A man also very happy in his work. The TBM would be my favorite if I were merely rich but a lot of good used aircraft could be bought for such money.

Cardiff's Airline-in-a-box is a fun thought provoker!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
I would prefer an aircraft with a bathroom. C130 or 747 Think big.

I already fly a plane with a bathroom. I want a fun plane.

Astro, how does the roll rate in the A-4/TA-4 compare to an F-14?

Six Drakens available from the same seller - Get an early start on your next.... altercation.

If I win the lottery, a fighter jet or aerobatic aircraft is the last thing I would purchase.

Just an FYI, this monster is an amazing performer, with 10 second 1/4 mile acceleration it flat out sets you in the seat like the hand of God, it has amazing Mach 0.87 climb speeds, and Mach 0.93 max cruise speed. I have to tell you, I am beyond impressed with the G650 in our flight department:

g650-aerial04-1280x600.jpg

G650-SN-6076_Fwd_Interior11.jpg

And with an 8500 statute mile range, it will take you from the continental US, all the way to Sydney, Australia, nonstop.

Last edited:
20.gif
In every business there has to be a "last word" product. The 650 is definitely "IT".

The mechanical requirements of a machine that will fly, at 50,000 feet, for 15-17 hours must be extraordinary. Just keeping everything mechanical from freezing for that long would keep me awake at night.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Six Drakens available from the same seller - Get an early start on your next.... altercation.

I believe they were used by the USAF as test pilot trainers? or was that the Viggen?

Originally Posted By: Cujet
If I win the lottery, a fighter jet or aerobatic aircraft is the last thing I would purchase.

Just an FYI, this monster is an amazing performer, with 10 second 1/4 mile acceleration it flat out sets you in the seat like the hand of God, it has amazing Mach 0.87 climb speeds, and Mach 0.93 max cruise speed. I have to tell you, I am beyond impressed with the G650 in our flight department:

The Saab broke the sound barrier on it's first flight with an afterburner installed. While climbing after take off alledgedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back