Melbourne Airport runs out of Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there is that - but I think MEL handles passengers pretty well ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
wink.gif

If the airplanes aren't able to land there, the passenger handling is somewhat moot...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
wink.gif

If the airplanes aren't able to land there, the passenger handling is somewhat moot...
Rofl....+1

Thanks guys - but have million mile cards with several airlines - I do understand that principle ...

The biggest airport spectacle I ever witnessed was (just by chance) being in Newfoundland on 9/11. We sat on a hill and watched the jumbos land and be stacked in tight. They only ran a light amount of B767 traffic and single aisle - so you can bet there was a fuel shortage too. (Not the overriding concern that day).

Been to Melbourne in a fuel rationing programme ? (unscheduled?)

the fact that people made it to where they needed to go had SFA to do with Melbourne Airport, but everything to do with either the co-operation of the airlines, or the consequential delays caused on other locations...and the people and logistics in damage control on the airline's (domestic and regional) working together and making it happen.

"Please board the aircraft, keep electronic devices off and please do NOT buckle your seatbelts, and be aware of your emergency exits" is an unusual message...no, not at Melbourne, but one of the airports compensating for the no fuel in Melbourne.

As to Melbourne.
Your flight is cancelled, you will be rescheduled (but I have a connection)
You have been rescheduled to the absolute earliest flight (It was, within 15 minutes of mine)...here's a boarding pass, go to gate x
Go to gate X, and it's boarding time, and no plane...it arrives, and disembarks...we get on, get settled, and then ten past takeoff get told that we have to wait for fuel.

Take a funny route, do some aerial circle works while they waste fuel and wait for a time to land in a place that DOES have fuel, come in to land like a bombing run (seriously, the pilot gave me one of the most "Aces High" landings that I've had coming into Sydney).

Made my connection, because they were blocked out too because everyone was compensating/suffering from no fuel in Melbourne.

But serious kudos goes to the logistics and disaster recovery plans of all and sundry in the industry...bags went where they were supposed to, they knew the interconnect passengers by name at the desks (photo ID, I don't know)...made no promises at all, but delivered them.

It wasn't a late/delayed/broken plane, but a failure of some significant infrastructure...

No just bomb threats, bomb went off, new route, 3rd world countries, latest X-virus outbreak, volcanoes spewing, typhoon changed route, sit out storm in rattling hotel, new plane grounding, fleet helicopter grounded, turbine replaced, thunderstorm turn around, fog turn around (8), lightning strike in STOL plane, amphibious plane overshot and in the mud, wind shear blows off runway and over snow, fuel condemned-wait on more, 6 pm food fight in flight in Muslim country, 10m seas, circle through deicing for 5 hours prior to lift off and more - planes, trains and automobiles ...heck, even found out 2/3 of them have struts !
... always thought of the military guys to keep my head on straight ...

So, it sounds like a bad situation someone owns, my last two trips to MEL were great - even some celebs on the flights...

At least they aren't flying thirsty old beasts like I do on the "flight sim" at home!

I've pretended to take a BAC 1-11 from Melbourne to Perth... Lets just say that I had to cheat about 45 mins away and "refuel" mid-air. I'll try a lighter payload - one day, or maybe a HS121 "Trident" instead?

No just bomb threats, bomb went off, new route, 3rd world countries, latest X-virus outbreak, volcanoes spewing, typhoon changed route, sit out storm in rattling hotel, new plane grounding, fleet helicopter grounded, turbine replaced, thunderstorm turn around, fog turn around (8), lightning strike in STOL plane, amphibious plane overshot and in the mud, wind shear blows off runway and over snow, fuel condemned-wait on more, 6 pm food fight in flight in Muslim country, 10m seas, circle through deicing for 5 hours prior to lift off and more - planes, trains and automobiles ...heck, even found out 2/3 of them have struts !
... always thought of the military guys to keep my head on straight ...

All that happened at Melbourne, and they managed it without causing you concern at all ? Would imagine that the deicing self corrected without intervention just by being in melbourne.

My day pales in insignificance...They still don't have fuel and not sure on the possible tsunami threat from the Bay.

Seems the new world order is working well at bringing the first world down to the third world level.

What a great convenience.
I can't think of any legitimate reason for a first world airport with known fuel quantity needs running out of fuel.
Money usually magically materializes fuel or any other commodity.
Apparently not in this case.

The goal of the NWO is to make everyone equal, the same, while also promoting diversity, as long as the diversity fits the NWO mold of diversity.
You must accept the "diversity" or the NWO will mock you until you "die or comply"
shocked.gif

In not too distant future, we will be riding in self-driving cars, all using the same NWO motor oil.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Seems the new world order is working well at bringing the first world down to the third world level.

Sooner the USA defunds the UN the better. Down with the NWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back