CZ P10C, the new best striker fired handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CZ is finally releasing a striker fired handgun the P10C and its being praised for its awesome the trigger among many things.

Some quick information...

-cold hammer forged barrel (4.02")
-polymer frame, steel slide, striker fired
-15+1/17+1 round capacity in 9mm (40 S&W available mid 2017 in 12+1 configuration)
-large undercut trigger guard
-fits CZ P07 and Glock 19 Holsters
-ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release
-4-4.5 lb trigger with short reset
-available with threaded barrel, and suppressor height night sights configuration
-MSRP $516

CZ-P-10-C-left-side.png

CZ-P-10-C-right-side.png

I remember when the MP 9 S&W was the hot thing.Then it had some problems once it was bought by some large PDs. I'm going to wait until it's been out a while.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Looks like a glock. What makes it better than a Glock?

That was my first thought when I saw the trigger and the fact it fits the same holsters..

At that price I'm curious too...

The trigger, better ergonomics and the cheaper price?

Not their first striker fired polymer gun. They had the CZ 100/110 years ago. It was not a big seller but it was introduced in the era of the 10rd magazine limit and the trigger was DAO and a bit heavy.

CZ makes a darn fine weapon and it should be good for someone wanting some non Teutonic tupperware.

He said it puts the PPQ (Walther) trigger to shame!
I might consider buying this pistol. I have a CZ75B and it is my most accurate pistol, period.
Trigger feel means a lot to me. I will dry fire one as soon as my local gun store gets one in.
The trigger feel will make or break my decision to buy this new CZ.
I'm surprised they are coming out with a .40 version as it's popularity nosedived. This makes me think
this pistol has been in development for quite some time, which is good as it should prove reliable.

Another Polymer pistol. Yawn. It's the same with Springfield's "new" AR-15. The market is already flooded with these type of guns. It becomes that much more difficult to get excited over yet another one. About the same as getting excited over another 4 cylinder SUV, that looks like a rolling egg.

Have you ever shot a CZ? The biggest complaint against Glocks is the grip. Never heard anyone who didn't like the feel of a CZ in the hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have carried and continue to carry a Glock on duty for decades but they definitely have their shortcomings. Grip angle sucks, triggers are poor to awful, and even good shooters have to learn to hold it in a rather unnatural manner if they don't want it to shoot low/left. A grip that by the way will go completely out the window under the stress of an actual gunfight.

I still love 'em, but the "Glock Perfection" is a myth IMO. They are crazy reliable, simple and cheap and remain an awesome choice for police departments who have such a wide variety of skill levels in the ranks, from barely competent to highly skilled.

So this CZ is of interest to me anyway. If I had my "druthers" for a duty weapon right now it'd be a Sig P320 which is far more inherently "shoot able" than your average Glock out of the box IMO.

Didn't mean to come across as a Glock fanboy. I've shot a couple CZs at the range. One, the SP-01 was partially broken such that the extractor shot the casing straight back instead of to the side. Had about 20 hot brass bop me in the forehead and two go down my shirt. It was a nice pistol but nothing super. Think it was a P01

Shot the CZ75B and liked it but bought the M&P instead due to price and magazine considerations (15 round limit) for NJ. I liked it more than the Glock. I heard the CZ75B trigger takes a while to break in. I installed on of those DIY trigger jobs in my M&P. It's improved but not great but I don't shoot competitively. It was just something cool to do. The stock trigger was fine for my purposes.

But the Glock 17/19 are the baseline 9mm pistols all others are judged against. The guys that hang out at my local range love the Glock.

I think NJ State Troopers carry the P320. The Sig has too many levers for me and I didn't care for the DA/SA trigger. Out of the box, the Glock is pull trigger, go bang.

Still think the 75B in stainless is the best looking pistol.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
He said it puts the PPQ (Walther) trigger to shame!

Yes that's exactly what stuck in the my mind too. The PPQ is supposed to be the benchmark for striker fired triggers so this could be awesome, I'm almost worried that the trigger will be too light.

I can tell you one thing, that reset in that video is very audible for a striker fired gun. My Steyr is very crisp and short, but the reset is very quiet.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Another Polymer pistol. Yawn. It's the same with Springfield's "new" AR-15. The market is already flooded with these type of guns. It becomes that much more difficult to get excited over yet another one. About the same as getting excited over another 4 cylinder SUV, that looks like a rolling egg.

My feelings, too. I have a few Czech firearms and they are great, but I have to agree in this case.

I see your point. The firearms industry has become a bit stagnant. Most new things are polymer. Most pistols use the Browning system, which works, but are not really inspired at this point. We certainly don't see the imagination we used to if we look back on firearms design.

I've owned three CZs, two polymer (a P-09 and a P-07) and one steel (a 75-BD). I liked the build quality and the ergonomics. The polymer felt higher quality than any other polymer on a gun I've personally held. CZs always seem to fit my hand just right. I ended up selling all of them for various reasons. One of them being they just never felt smooth to rack. Dumb reason, I fully admit . But the way the slide pushes down on the trigger bar to disconnect it when out of battery creates a real notchy feel when you rack the slide. I presume that wouldn't be the case with this striker-fired model, having a completely different trigger system.

I'm definitely going to be watching this new pistol with interest.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I've owned three CZs, two polymer (a P-09 and a P-07) and one steel (a 75-BD). I liked the build quality and the ergonomics. The polymer felt higher quality than any other polymer on a gun I've personally held. CZs always seem to fit my hand just right. I ended up selling all of them for various reasons. One of them being they just never felt smooth to rack. Dumb reason, I fully admit . But the way the slide pushes down on the trigger bar to disconnect it when out of battery creates a real notchy feel when you rack the slide. I presume that wouldn't be the case with this striker-fired model, having a completely different trigger system.

I'm definitely going to be watching this new pistol with interest.

That is certainly a new one for me as far as why a person sold a gun. I have only sold one firearm because of the way it racked, and that was an old Chinese Tokarev. You physically could not rack the slide on that gun without cocking the hammer first. It always fired and cycled fine though. But that was a lack of ability to rack it versus smoothness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back