2014 Sentra CVT issue resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the week I posted about my 2014 Sentra CVT that would shudder when decelerating and below 5 mph. The dealer ran diagnostics and also referenced a TSB with that exact description of the problem. they applied a software update and the problem appears to be fixed.

Of course - I would like to know - why did the problem suddenly appear? some change in internal pressures or wear in the chain/belt or friction surfaces?

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I would like to know - why did the problem suddenly appear? some change in internal pressures or wear in the chain/belt or friction surfaces?

You would have to post the text of the TSB.

Quote:
The "Reason for Service Campaign" from the last page of the TSB, which is an example of a typical owner's letter: "On some potentially affected Sentra vehicles, the belt may slip when manually shifting from the L range to D range due to low hydraulic pressure. Belt slippage may result in noise, vibration, and poor acceleration. Left unrepaired, this condition may reduce the durability of the CVT."

Note that the TSB applies to both the Sentra and the Versa. I hope the fix is successful. I almost didn't buy my Versa due to it having a CVT and CVT's having a very mixed track record.

There ya go.

Am I correct in thinking that buying any new car with a CVT might be a risk? I just don't like the idea of slipping belts and wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back