F1Swaparama! KMag-Hulk-Ocon-Gutierrez swap for Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUMOUR! (from my English friend today) K-Mag to Haas, Hulk to Renault, Ocon to Force India, and Gutierrez to Manor for last race in Abu Dhabi on 27 Nov. for a nice fat head start on 2017. He thinks "confirmation is imminent."

Makes too much sense to me though!

Originally Posted By: wemay
How is something like that even possible with so many contracts?

Ironically it's Gutierrez' deal holding everybody up. My friend also made that same joke, so there you go.

Not in a million years. There's nothing to gain as mid-pack teams fight for valuable points they wouldn't want to put drivers unfamiliar with the cars, setups, engineers, etc in there. Then there's driver-specific sponsorship and team contracts. Then there's the fact that these cars will do absolutely nothing to help any driver get a head start on 2017 since the cars will be totally different.

I and my friend both certainly agree it's a massive headache and expense and sacrifice of potential. My friend is friends of friends of inlaws of one of Bernie's daughter, and he hears wild things!

Can Bernie's daughters tell the difference between an Indy car and an F1 car? I wager no. The closest they get to F1, aside from the trust Daddy set up for them, is sunning on a yacht in Monaco in May.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back