Gifts you want..Gifts you will give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time for lists is near or for some already started. Some wait til the last minute, and some have already started buying or shopping for gifts. Maybe someone will get some ideas for gifts in this thread.

Gifts I want:

Flashlight- i need one and am tired of buying the throwaways. So I want a Stanley Fatmax..
brightest-flashligh-2200-lumens.jpg

Earbuds- I already have one of these and i love them. best i have used. i want another set.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EM8008/ref...E1SMM&psc=1

Ammunition- LOL I may ask for a box of .22LR shells but that would be cruel..

Gifts I will give:

With my oil stash aplenty at current writing I will probably give a few free oil changes to my family.

Donations- i take 25lbs of dog food an 25 lbs of cat food to the local animal shelter and give the receipt to my mom..she loves this.

Canned food- I usually take a few bags of canned food to the grocery store or wherever they are accepting donations..often i take to food pantrys.

Wife- I usually give her $100 in a card for her to buy whatever she wants...lord knows i cant pick out some of the stuff she likes. I will give her a piece of paper this year with a note telling her i love her and will probably have a coupon for a free vacation inside. We need one. I am still thinking of something to give her personal.

Our dogs- they have been good girls this year. One just turned 1 y/o (Blue Heeler). The other about 9 months (yorkiepoo). They will get a pig ear each.

For the family- NES Retro system.. i may not be able to pull this one off.

This is my current plan being a month out...i am sure things will change as i read what others are wanting or giving.

Happy Holidays to all.

krismoriah72, You gotta tell your Mom what we're doing.
My birthday just passed and we blew off gifting as usual. Instead we're going to the social event of the year.
C.A.T.S. (Caring About The Strays) is having their fund raiser at the best restaurant in the county (I've heard).

The $65 ticket includes hors d'oeuvres and a 4 course dinner. Obviously they'll be selling 50/50 and raffle tickets the whole night through.
It is a fund raiser. It'll be interesting to see what the local merchants donate for the silent auctions.

The restaurant is beyond our usual budget but we're not big gifters at all and these people are super nice.
This year the cats (and a few dogs) get the money. Kira

She only gets out of the house maybe once or twice a month..her health isnt that great. Giving the food directly to the shelter is 100 percent going to the critters.

Originally Posted By: Kira
krismoriah72, You gotta tell your Mom what we're doing.
My birthday just passed and we blew off gifting as usual. Instead we're going to the social event of the year.
C.A.T.S. (Caring About The Strays) is having their fund raiser at the best restaurant in the county (I've heard).

The $65 ticket includes hors d'oeuvres and a 4 course dinner. Obviously they'll be selling 50/50 and raffle tickets the whole night through.
It is a fund raiser. It'll be interesting to see what the local merchants donate for the silent auctions.

The restaurant is beyond our usual budget but we're not big gifters at all and these people are super nice.
This year the cats (and a few dogs) get the money. Kira

Having had our Newf pass we got a Bernese Mountain dog
. She will need some more toys and FOOD. She eats twice what the Newf did. The vet bill to cover all the bases including pre purchase of spay about put the budget in critical

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Earbuds- I already have one of these and i love them. best i have used. i want another set.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EM8008/ref...E1SMM&psc=1

They look similar to the HJE350 that I've been using for a number of years now. Fantastic earbuds. They have been discontinued, but you can still find them here and there. I should really pick up another pair before they're all gone.

Originally Posted By: koffy
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

I guess we already found Mr. GRINCH

Compared to me, he is OVERFLOWING with helliday cheer. I despise every second of every minute of every day of every week of the holiday season with a white-hot passion.

Thank you for caring kind people. Our country is deeply divided on many issues but most individuals care for living things that can't help themselves. Keep on the sunny side.Regards

Hmm, I should think of finding some trinkets for the holidays, or make something (preferred). I'm slowly drifting out of the habit, and am hoping the wife is too; when we need something, we buy it.

My birthday came and went w/o a single present. I was fine with that. Wife commented that I had just bought the car so that was my present to myself.
wink.gif

I do like working with my scrollsaw and should have been doing stuff this fall. Oh well--I give projects away sporadically. At 4 hours plus per item I'd hope no one expected something every year! Last Christmas the mothers got these fancy cardholders which probably took over 40 hours to cut and fit--I worked on those for at least 2 years.

Originally Posted By: supton
Hmm, I should think of finding some trinkets for the holidays, or make something (preferred). I'm slowly drifting out of the habit, and am hoping the wife is too; when we need something, we buy it.

My birthday came and went w/o a single present. I was fine with that. Wife commented that I had just bought the car so that was my present to myself.
wink.gif

I do like working with my scrollsaw and should have been doing stuff this fall. Oh well--I give projects away sporadically. At 4 hours plus per item I'd hope no one expected something every year! Last Christmas the mothers got these fancy cardholders which probably took over 40 hours to cut and fit--I worked on those for at least 2 years.
We stopped the XMas gift thing many years ago and just purchase what we want. For me, it's finding a S&W Model 10 in good condition. That will be my gift for the year.

My son & DIL wanted a new dining room table for their new (old)house in time for a family thanksgiving dinner. He had very specific size & look criteria that would have been very expensive. We made it for him and delivered it last weekend. Shop built 9ft x 42" x 32" high 8/4 white oak with tapered legs.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
My son & DIL wanted a new dining room table for their new (old)house in time for a family thanksgiving dinner.

:))
Good DAD!. (both thumbs up!)

now i don't want to come out as picky, but later can you have the same shop build them a real wood entrance door?

...Step dad, restored/repaired the original wood doors at the house built during Autro-Hungarian Empire (1880, i guess)
those where something....

all i want is some quiet (only male in a girls house). (Last year i got them to Disneyland on my birthday. Also drove over 1/2 of Florida.)

the kiddos get gifts from the stash from sometime ago.....

wife has the financial reins, so she will gift herself what she wants.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: pkunk
My son & DIL wanted a new dining room table for their new (old)house in time for a family thanksgiving dinner.

:))
Good DAD!. (both thumbs up!)

now i don't want to come out as picky, but later can you have the same shop build them a real wood entrance door?

That's the back door & I have talked with them about new doors. New Mexico's arid sun bakes wood doors into oblivion so they're not interested at this time.
A new kitchen is in the planning stages though.

I once sewed my dad a flannel shirt. It came out great, and he appreciated it.
Another time I sewed drapes for my mother's new home. That too was appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back