Specs:
fuauz4.jpg

or

0342808_l.jpg

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30
Specs:

i4l3yw.jpg

Last edited:
oddly the shell can be got at half the price of the mobil when special offer is on.
was wondering which one would be more stout.

Originally Posted By: slybunda
oddly no hths for either?

Do you care what the HTHS is in your application? Are you looking for something that delivers best fuel economy? It'll definitely be below 3.5 cP for these two oils.
smile.gif

They are probably fairly similar if the MS 3000 is similar to their MSS. If it's similar to the magnesium add pack in the M1 5w-30 then there could be a lot of difference between Helix and MS 3000.

Shell definiately!
Mobil1 equivalent of that Shell is New Life not Super3000. Super3000 is "scaled down" version and purely HC oil, unlike Mobil1 New Life which is VISOM based (in the U.S. now is GTL based).

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Shell primarily using GTL instead of slack wax now? The decade old XHVI slack wax conversion stuff was purportedly the cats whiskers.

Shell moved everything to GTL now. They were first company to do that and I would say far ahead of others (Mobil1).
I do not know is that going to be trend with everyone (Castrol etc.).

I emailed Mobil and asked if their M1 15W50 uses a GTL base oil. They replied back and said the usual worlthes "its proprietary information" bee ess answer. But Pennzoil proudly tells you they use GTL base oils. Why does Mobil always dance around every question you ask them? Makes me assume it's still just a grp III base oil.

Is the shell i linked to in the original post a group 3 oil?

GTL base is considered group 3, so if it's made of GTL, then yes.

Gtl is only for a3 b3 oil. The a5 stuff also gtl?

Can't be sure but I would think no. Shell advertised new GTL base oil lubricants with new 'pure plus ' logo, on AV there's the old one "active cleansing" thingy. Still, I'd choose Shell over Mobil 3k, even better, find your self a Castrol in this specification.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Gtl is only for a3 b3 oil. The a5 stuff also gtl?

Can't be sure but I would think no. Shell advertised new GTL base oil lubricants with new 'pure plus ' logo, on AV there's the old one "active cleansing" thingy. Still, I'd choose Shell over Mobil 3k, even better, find your self a Castrol in this specification.

I did not even pay attention is it pure plus.
Regardless. M1 Super 3000 is step below Helix, in range with Cast Magnatec not for example Castrol Edge. Mobil1 New Life is in same class with Helix and Castrol Edge.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I emailed Mobil and asked if their M1 15W50 uses a GTL base oil. They replied back and said the usual worlthes "its proprietary information" bee ess answer. But Pennzoil proudly tells you they use GTL base oils. Why does Mobil always dance around every question you ask them? Makes me assume it's still just a grp III base oil.

Mobil1 does not have GTL in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back