Post your great vanity license plate pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just had a funny vanity license plate come through where I work. A new Lexus rx350 suv with "elexur" i guess a ode to elixur?

Last edited:
3 HONKS

Guy with a GT-R thought it would be funny cuz he raced other cars on the highway. Now whenever he's driving it, normal people honk at him
grin2.gif

I've had one vanity plate in my life. It was too memorable. These days I want to be as inconspicuous as possible.

I recall when I first was talking to a Mopar enthusiast at a car cruise a little over 20 yrs ago. He was explaining the history of the vanity plate on his 1967 - 426 hemi Plymouth Satellite. The plate was "HEMI." Obviously we know exactly what that meant. Well it turns out we didn't.

He had run into a guy with the plate and inquired about purchasing it. Turns out the guys name was Henry Michael. Hence He and Mi for HeMi. He never created the plate with a 426 HEMI in mind.

Years ago there was a white VW Rabbit convertible with the plate ML8 ML8.

I did not get it until I got around the block. I thought it was a great plate. It put a smile on my face.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Years ago there was a white VW Rabbit convertible with the plate ML8 ML8.

I did not get it until I got around the block.

You'd just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind was moving low?

Should have asked Alice....I think she'd know.

My first car was an '84 Cutlass with an Olds V-8. In homage to Oldsmobile having associated their V-8 engine to rockets back in the late 1940s and early 1950s, I had a plate that said "RKTSINC" (because "RKT SCI" was already taken). Few knew to pronounced it "rocket science" though, and they'd ask me "what does rocket sink mean?" I later changed it to "84 RKT".

We used to have a license plate that said "HOKIEFYD". Imagine where I got my user name idea from...

We've sinced moved to VA and have non-personalized license plates. My wife has the "Go Hokies" styled plate on the MDX and I have the "Gadsden Flag" styled plate on the Ridgeline.

Saw this plate on a vehicle that had fake portholes pasted to the front fenders:

Sorry about the low quality phone camera pic. The irony was not lost on me.

Plates I've had:

CS EE 87 from my college ride, my two degrees and expected graduation. I made it, in December 1987.

In 2000 I had TLCC MPV. The first initial of all our family members, on our Mazda MPV

2 memorable ones come to mind: NO HIPS on a Lincoln Town Car parked in the handicapped spot at a medical office next door to where I once worked, and OMVMOOV in a Camaro SS.

I'd like to get a vanity plate for the Cobalt, but something former governor Blagojevich said in the past made me rethink ever getting one. He was trying to justify raising the license plate fees because people are willing to pay extra for vanity and the special-interest plates so obviously the state isn't charging enough money for regular plates. I don't ever want to give them that impression.
wink.gif

In 2019 the Ranger will qualify for Antique plates and that will drive down the cost to register it greatly. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back