rhinogear rhino ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
12k lb. rating on sale at autozone for $33 regular $48.

i'm thinking of retiring my old metal ones and trying these.

let me know on either price or quality experiences.

Last edited:
I've had a set for years (bought in April 2009, per Amazon order history!). They've been used and abused and are still going strong. Seems like a good way to spend $33 to me.

robert

Last edited:
I've had this 12k set for over 8 years.
I've had 3/4 ton Duramax diesels to riding mowers on them.
Never had any issues.

That's a good deal. I have two sets and use them a lot. I put my Jeeps in 4L, take my foot off the brake and can go up on the 4 ramps with no effort at all. That makes checking the transfer case, differentials, or servicing the transmission very easy since the vehicle is up in the air, and level.

bud 1, good to hear from texas, the land of trucks!

i have a 2500hd that someday may need to get up on them, so definitely good info.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
That's a good deal. I have two sets and use them a lot. I put my Jeeps in 4L, take my foot off the brake and can go up on the 4 ramps with no effort at all. That makes checking the transfer case, differentials, or servicing the transmission very easy since the vehicle is up in the air, and level.

thanks demar:
my metal ones can slip sometimes on my cement garage floor, i may have finished floor too smoothly..hopefully the rhino's will not do this.

my work around for my metal ones was to place just outside my garage door entrance, where they would but against the concrete, unfortunatley i have to do work on the ground!

Last edited:
Pepboys at ebay had them for ~$27 with free delivery last month (lowest I've seen recently), but currently looks like at the AZ price you quote. I've had the 16k Rhinos for awhile and have been very satisfied. I also still have my older metal ramps with extensions which have served me well for years. But the Rhinos are wider, lighter and I now find them preferable. I think you'll find similar.

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad

thanks demar:
my metal ones can slip sometimes on my cement garage floor, i may have finished floor too smoothly..hopefully the rhino's will not do this.

my work around for my metal ones was to place just outside my garage door entrance, where they would but against the concrete, unfortunatley i have to do work on the ground!

My garage floor is poured concrete, stained with concrete stain over 20 years ago, it is as smooth as glass. The ramps stay put, even when I use 4 of them at once.

I just got mine yesterday. Walmart had them for $29 and I get free shipping
I took them out of the box this AM and they are much bigger than I thought...... which is
a great thing. Come spring I'll see how well they work. I only need them for a new car with the body panel underneath.

thanks demar:

My garage floor is poured concrete, smooth as glass. The ramps stay put, even when I use 4 of them at once.

thanks for info!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I took them out of the box this AM and they are much bigger than I thought...... which is
a great thing. Come spring I'll see how well they work. I only need them for a new car with the body panel underneath.

good info on wally world price...amazon also shows a seller at $29, but they are out of stock

i should have a $20 discount reward coming at autozone, which will make this about a $12 plus tax at my local store.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Pepboys at ebay had them for ~$27 with free delivery last month (lowest I've seen recently), but currently looks like at the AZ price you quote. I've had the 16k Rhinos for awhile and have been very satisfied. I also still have my older metal ramps with extensions which have served me well for years. But the Rhinos are wider, lighter and I now find them preferable. I think you'll find similar.

that is good info!

i also thought they appeared a little wider in pic.

Here they are......

good info on wally world price...amazon also shows a seller at $29, but they are out of stock

i should have a $20 discount reward coming at autozone, which will make this about a $12 plus tax at my local store.

I'm getting anal on an oil change that wont happen for months.
The nonsense I'm dealing with. been changing oil for over 40 years but stupid stuff bothers you
until you do it..... hence anal .... lol

The issue- 2016 ford C-Max hybrid- has the oil pan cover- fine
But when you start it, it always starts in the electric mode. Okay.
I never had a filter or oil pan leak from my own oil changes because I check 50K times.
But my luck this one would. So I pull the car on the ramp- drain oil and remover filter.
Put everything back but the cover. put oil in the engine- well if I start it, it will run electric only.
So I guess I need to gun it a bit to get the engine to come on but it won't stay on by idling. Get the issue.

I think I'll do the change and just put the cover back on and take it off the ramps and be done with it.
A hybrid adds a bit of nonsense to the mix.

nice, those are the ones. hope to get this weekend so i can be ready to do a couple oil changes on my cars before the hard cold winter sets in!
i know exactly what you mean, i have been dealing with oil changes for 45 odd years. i guess it's just a grumpy old age im hitting LOL

Last edited:
I'm getting anal on an oil change that wont happen for months.
The nonsense I'm dealing with. been changing oil for over 40 years but stupid stuff bothers you
until you do it..... hence anal .... lol

The issue- 2016 ford C-Max hybrid- has the oil pan cover- fine
But when you start it, it always starts in the electric mode. Okay.
I never had a filter or oil pan leak from my own oil changes because I check 50K times.
But my luck this one would. So I pull the car on the ramp- drain oil and remover filter.
Put everything back but the cover. put oil in the engine- well if I start it, it will run electric only.
So I guess I need to gun it a bit to get the engine to come on but it won't stay on by idling. Get the issue.

I think I'll do the change and just put the cover back on and take it off the ramps and be done with it.
A hybrid adds a bit of nonsense to the mix.

OT: Can you turn the front defroster on to force the engine to run while you check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back