Toyota 1KD injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common rail injectors seem to have a lower seal problem, I've done half a dozen Kia ones, and this week a couple of Toyota Hi Lux 1KD diesels. The lower seal leaks, pushing carbon deposits up past the O ring and into the cyl head. In the Kia the first thing to go after the pickup blocks is the turbo, the first one I did involved a turbo replacement. These are the ones out of a Hi Lux today, No2 was really stuck.

No4.

No2.

There is a 30 digit code for each injector that has to be entered into the ECU, I've done Mitsubishi ones using our MUT III, and maybe our Autel Maxidas could do it, but it won't recognise this vehicle. The owner doesn't want it recoded, and it seems to run pretty well. New injectors, injector pipes, all seals and a rocker cover gasket.

Mitsubishi uses the same injector, and they give very little trouble. If the roles were reversed, and this was happening to Mitsi's, it would be all over the internet, about how Mitsi are a pile of junk and always giving problems. But Toyota are perfect and this stuff just gets buried....customers just accept a 40,000km injector seal replacement.

Couldn't have said it better.
cheers3.gif

Tanks for the post Silk, I agree with the sentiment...workmates paying $10k for a Toyota badge over their competitors.

How are the ZD30s faring these days, they appear to have gotten pretty quiet on the Oz forums, like the one that were going to blow have, and the survivors are just moving on.

As I've said before, if toyota were as good as they say they are, then I wouldn't know a thing about them...but I do. We've never done injector seals on a Mitsubishi, just faulty injectors, and it's the exact same Denso injector. Just as well, as it takes 2 or 3 times as long to do the job.

It seems to have blown over with the ZD30 here too...still classed as a grenade, but all the ones I see are running well. There are supposed to be problems with the YD25 too, but the ones I've had anything to do with go real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back