Motorcraft 5/20 Blend - 2015 3.7l TiVTC. (4721Mi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-Ford_24991.jpg

Oil life at 0%

Total Hours 1292 / Total Idle Hours 805
Hours this OCI 222 / Idle Hours this OCI 124

The oil life went to 0 and illuminated the change oil light exactly 10,000 since last reset.

OLM appears not reflecting actual oil condition.
Metal wear rates trending downwards and normal with used oil within serviceable condition.
OCI could have been extended further, IMHO.
Btw,OP were all previuos oil samples similar?

Originally Posted By: zeng
OLM appears not reflecting actual oil condition.

I agree, it is a simple mileage/time counter it varies very little to not at all based on usage.

Metal wear rates trending downwards and normal with used oil within serviceable condition.

Seems to be doing fine.

OCI could have been extended further, IMHO.

It is a fleet vehicle, the oil changes are mandated at 5000 miles. But I agree absent that I'd be comfortable extending it to 7500, even with the varied use and often high idle times.

Btw,OP were all previuos oil samples similar?

From an oil and filter standpoint - yes except for the 14,954 one which was Mobil 1 and an Ultra.. With respect to usage - sort of. They are all here but a quick recap of use:

01/21/2016 - 4978 miles, 289hrs running, 191hrs idle
03/16/2016- 10,042 miles, 645hrs running, 445hrs idle (356/254)
05/16/2016 - 14,954 miles, 891hrs running, 596hrs idle (246/151)
06/27/2016 - 20,270 miles, 1070 hrs running, 681hrs idle (179/85)
11/07.2016 - 24,991 miles, 1292 hrs running, 805 hrs idle (222/124)

Last edited:
BTW:

GT40.jpg

Kudos to Metter Ford for getting "The Works" done in a very timely manner and putting up with my special request...

Plenty of cool stuff to look at while you wait too!

The IOLM on my 3.7L was quite accurate when I ran it down (actually it insistently asks for a change at the 5% mark). Mine went off at 8300 miles, so, more conventional use pattern). Ford iolm seems to heavily discount long distance driving. Inactivity is punished I know that.

I'm always pleased with Quicklane Service. I see the same tech there time after time. I try to go early, but when I don't, I see a procession of dignified looking older Fords ahead of me, along with a few ancient and beat up looking Japanese cars, whose owners I presume are looking for a bargain. Motorcraft being close to Honda specs.

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
The IOLM on my 3.7L was quite accurate when I ran it down (actually it insistently asks for a change at the 5% mark). Mine went off at 8300 miles, so, more conventional use pattern). Ford iolm seems to heavily discount long distance driving. Inactivity is punished I know that.

Hi Jim.

I'm not sure this one is actually an iOLM. There is no way to display the oil life on the vehicle, you have to run a Health Report though SYNC unless the change oil light message comes up.

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
I'm always pleased with Quicklane Service. I see the same tech there time after time. I try to go early, but when I don't, I see a procession of dignified looking older Fords ahead of me, along with a few ancient and beat up looking Japanese cars, whose owners I presume are looking for a bargain. Motorcraft being close to Honda specs.

These guys don't actually have an official Quick Lane, but they got me in and out faster than the last quick lane I hit...

Anyway, I suspect I won't do anymore UOA's on this one unless I'm just board or something strange happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back