Interesting new Canadian track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across reference to an "Area 27", a new track in British Columbia. Designed by Jacques Villaneuve (sp?), it's said to be another country club track, members, etc. Have no idea what cost might look like for those out west who could take advantage of it but any new track is always welcome news.

Ah, here's a website:

http://www.area27.ca

Looks like a course that flows, without any hairpins or tight chicanes to interrupt the rhythm.
$35000 membership, and $3000 annual dues, so I won't be joining anytime soon!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
$35000 membership, and $3000 annual dues, so I won't be joining anytime soon!

A drop in the bucket for these high end sports car owners. They pay more than that for insurance and license plates.

This is the kind of thing I always wanted to join with a $1500 frankenstein v8 swapped car next to a bunch of expensive porsches and the like and be able to keep up with them.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Interesting, but boy, that's costly. One can get a GT3 amateur seat for just about that much money.

Ouch! I didn't dig into that last night and that cost should keep us riffraff out. Maybe the target market is Microsoft millionaires (and other Seatt Leons) and Vancouver nouveau riche (the ones who sold their house or properties to arriving money). JK, the ski slopes nearby probably brings in enough swells to make it go.

I heard there might be a drag strip added. The only one in the Okanagan is East of Kelowna, and it's only an eighth mile.
The Indian band shut Ashcroft down, which just leaves Mission (sea level) and Prince George, BC @ 3,000' above.
There's an oval north of Vernon, BC, but that closed down a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Ouch! I didn't dig into that last night and that cost should keep us riffraff out.

In fairness, take a look at the neighborhood. I doubt you'll find many golf courses around there with annual dues much less than that.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back