04 Lexus ES330 M1 5w30 SM + Redline 5w30 9054 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

This oil was 2010-2011 ish Mobil 1 5w30 SM spec 4 quarts and 1 quart of Redline 5w30 probably from around 2008 ish filter was Motorcraft FL910-S. Apparently this was before Mobil started using a heavy dose of magnesium in their oils confirmed by checking some UOA on my 2008 Z06 Corvette that had this oil for two services, also lacks magnesium. The bump in moly is from the quart of Redline.

This run was a little longer than the last as the GF really racked up some miles while I was away in Michigan on my road trip, however it looks great none the less, iron is up slightly but not terrible, slightly more PPM/mi compared to Valvoline used previously. Of note a small 1/8" vacuum line was off for about 400-500 miles that I disturbed while working under the hood. It doesn't seem to have made much difference as the wear numbers are pretty flat.

Current fill is PUPPP from the Pennzoil team as a part of the make a switch promotion with a Fram Ultra XG3614 filter. I plan to change the oil in 10,000 miles and re sample. No issues with the Pennzoil thus far at about 1,000 miles on the OCI (not that I expected any) and I can't comment on any "difference" in engine sound or smoothness between SynPower Mobil or PUP, maybe I don't have a trained ear for such things. I think with this engine being very easy on wear numbers that these numbers will be hard for the PUP to improve upon but I'm excited to see!

Originally Posted By: pbm
Looks great.....and it looks like you could have went further on that fill too.

This is really my first experience with extended drains on this car so I'm slowly working up to it. I will probably stick with 10,000 on Synthetic oils and 5,000 is I ever use any of my enormous conventional stash in this car.

I would never do extended drains on a Toyota V6. They have VVT oil control valves (4) and screens that need to stay really clean or they will have to be replaced. They run about $100 each if you buy them and if you have them installed by a dealer you are looking at $600. Since I have 2 2GRFE V6 engines I'll always stick to 5000 OCI on syn oil. Just easier.

Nice report. I have the exact same engine in my Toyota. Nice to see how long they can run a good oil.

Originally Posted By: KL31
Nice report. I have the exact same engine in my Toyota. Nice to see how long they can run a good oil.

I suspect that 10,000-15,000 is possible with good oil the way we use the car (~110 mile round trip daily commute). The current Pennzoil Ultra Platinum has about 1100 miles on it already, planning to run it for 10-11k which should get me into spring, I have another OC worth of PUP I can run as well as 5 quarts of M1 EP 10w30 SM that I bought on clearance CHEAP. Between what's in the car now and those two oils that's easily the next 1.5 years of oil changes at 10k OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back