Max's drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Max Verstappens drive from 15th to 3rd in the F1 race?? Wow!!!! That was impressive. This young fella can straight up drive the wheels off the car even in the wet. Best drive I've seen in ALL types of racing in a long, long time.

He drove one heck of a race. If he would have had 3-5 more laps I think Nico would have been third.

He was brave on some of that overtaking for sure.

He switched to extreme wet tires when everyone else was on older wet tires.

By taking a different racing line when planning his overtaking, he gained visibility and maybe even better grip.

Very skillful and fun to watch. When Massa crashed, he blocked the pit lane, otherwise Max would have come in earlier to change from intermediates and finished even higher.

This race and the last one I think Rosberg has had a bit of luck to get 2nd and not 3rd. I highly doubt he'll slip to 4th in Abu Dhabi.

Yeah I know he had switched to the extreme wet tires on that run. They asked him if he could drive up towards the front with the extreme wet tires on and he said yes. Which he sure did that. Even with those tires on it has to been quite hard to drive on that razor edge of control every lap until the end. That kid's got a lot of talent. Just needs to keep his head screwed on straight. If he does that, then he could be quite a driver.

Watching F1 just gets me all groupied out with my Honda hat,Pennzoil shirt and Warsteiner beer mug. Much more interesting to watch than Nascar.

That was a perfect drive and a textbook demonstration of finding grip. They kept mentioning during the broadcast that off-line usually has more traction due to the pavement not being worn down and oily rubber on the track. The one piece they failed to mention was that the grip off-line is much more consistent. So even if it has theoretically lower grip levels, the more consistent grip can allow a driver to be faster. If you try to drive the line you go from deep water, to shallow water, to almost no water over and over. Each transition will upset the car and lower the available grip. If you stay in the deep stuff (outside line) you can be rather confident in how the car will react through the entire corner and thus drive a bit quicker. Excellent show of basic rain driving techniques on the world stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back