Is Lucas FIC and UCL safe for emissions systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read generally positive things about Lucas fuel injector cleaner and upper cylinder lubricant. I have used before in state where didn't have any emissions testing. Now live in Missouri where they check that all the time (every 2 years). On my Acura MDX the Lucas seemed to help with fuel economy. On some other cars it hasn't made any difference. I still have a bunch left and am thinking of using it up in the cars I own now but don't want to jeopardize the emissions systems. My question is is it safe for emissions systems? Will be using in 2010 Toyota Camry V6 and 2014 Kia Forte 2.0 GDI. What do people think? Thanks.

Why not use a well-regarded product like Techron that's known to not harm emissions systems?

it's probably OK, but there are better options out there, like Gumout Regane and Redline SI-1 (available at Pep Boys)

Some members of my family have been using it for over 100,000 miles. They never had any problems with smog devices in the exhaust system.

You would be better off using a top tier fuel instead. I don't have much faith mixing a pint of "cleaner" to 15-20 gallons of fuel. It's a thimbleful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back