2015 Silverado 1500 L83 5.3 - Amsoil bmk23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I broke down and got this kit for my truck granted I'm not only one with bypass on gas engine I figured I'd share some photos, oil pressure is still 40 cold and about 35-38 hot just like before. Filters are both warm to touch and no leaks.

post a picture

Congrats on the upgrade.

Personally I'd feel weary about having my oil lines dangling past/along my frame rail (fear of hitting something on the road/trail that could rupture the lines a cause severe oil loss), but that's just me.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Congrats on the upgrade.

Personally I'd feel weary about having my oil lines dangling past/along my frame rail (fear of hitting something on the road/trail that could rupture the lines a cause severe oil loss), but that's just me.

I feel you on that I thought about it a while today where I would place it and changing filters what kinds of messes it would make. I choose this location with the mind set that I will inspect the hoses and zip ties regularly for rubbing and issues. I like it mounted on the frame rail. Just my preference.

Last edited:
Second concern on the outside frame mounting. Also having a rock come up and puncture the filter. Also why is the filters mounted on the passenger side? Seems like it could of been mounted on the drivers side and cut down on feet extra of hose.

Originally Posted By: Ojustracing
Second concern on the outside frame mounting. Also having a rock come up and puncture the filter. Also why is the filters mounted on the passenger side? Seems like it could of been mounted on the drivers side and cut down on feet extra of hose.

Exhaust, brake lines and fuel lines by the frame on driver side. I have mud flaps on my truck so rocks are pretty unlikely.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Nice upgrade....poor location-at least IMHO.

Other then under hood there isn't a lot of room for this on 1500 within 6ft of original full flow.

All that stuff is either on top or on the inside of the frame rail. Might make mounting a touch harder and way less than 12ft aprox of hose routed underneath. I personally would fashion a extra shield on the filter though. One highly unlikely rock that hits the filter would be enough to punch a hole in it. By the time you know whats going on the motor would be toast. But what do I know.

Originally Posted By: Ojustracing
All that stuff is either on top or on the inside of the frame rail. Might make mounting a touch harder and way less than 12ft aprox of hose routed underneath. I personally would fashion a extra shield on the filter though. One highly unlikely rock that hits the filter would be enough to punch a hole in it. By the time you know whats going on the motor would be toast. But what do I know.

I'm by no means ignoring everyone's advice, I actually just bought protective hose wrap today and I will look into sheet aluminum also for filter protector. I appreciate all input you guys give me.

Shata
I think that your mount looks great. So far you only drilled a few holes in your frame rail and you have plenty of hose left. There's plenty of time to look for the perfect mount location closer to the engine oil filter . As I understand it you're under warranty and running 6k oci's, so this is a work in progress. To quote Gen George Patton, "a good plan today is better than a great plan tomorrow "
Good Luck!

This is about after 2hrs of drive time or 120miles, this oil was dark brown and had about 1k miles when bypass was added. I'm pretty impressed personally.

Originally Posted By: Crusher
Shata
I think that your mount looks great. So far you only drilled a few holes in your frame rail and you have plenty of hose left. There's plenty of time to look for the perfect mount location closer to the engine oil filter . As I understand it you're under warranty and running 6k oci's, so this is a work in progress. To quote Gen George Patton, "a good plan today is better than a great plan tomorrow "

Good Luck!

Thanks crusher, it's best place imho where I mounted it it's not close to high heat sources and in location where I can get to it easy not trying to create massive messes of oil in engine bay or take half truck apart just to get to them. Hose run is 4ft in each direction. And like you said starting bypass early will cut out ton of wear over life of truck and my dealer is cool those guys don't care I actually brought it in today for recall and maintenance inspection and fluid check specially told them don't change oil lol. Lady was like why not I'm like I got filter system and I change oil myself she was like okay no big deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shata

I'm by no means ignoring everyone's advice, I actually just bought protective hose wrap today and I will look into sheet aluminum also for filter protector. I appreciate all input you guys give me.

I have a lot of trucks with big filters installed from the factory under them, and I have never seen one with even a decent nick in them, let alone a dent or gash. My NPR's have their fuel and transmission filters mounted low, directly in line with the driver's side wheel. Last thing I'd worry about.

Not to be too nosy, but I think this is my first post in this forum.

What are you bypassing and why?

I've read a little on the subject- like folks putting a roll of TP on their diesel motor to help with soot. But what can two filters do that one cannot?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Not to be too nosy, but I think this is my first post in this forum.

What are you bypassing and why?

I've read a little on the subject- like folks putting a roll of TP on their diesel motor to help with soot. But what can two filters do that one cannot?

Thanks

Full flow filters your car at normal flow rate down to 20+ micron and bypass filters filter at flow rate at approx 9-10qts per 10min it depends a lot on kit down to 2 micron giving you extremely clean oil. Benefits are longer drain intervals and less wear.

Nice install on your Amsoil dual remote. I have my dual gard bypass system installed in about the same position as yours and have had no trouble with the location. I too have mud flaps and that seems to keep the stones to a minimum.

Ya honestly idk why some people where giving me hard time on my filter location, it's actually really common to have them installed on frame rail if I you look on duramax or Cummins forums. Around here for whatever reason a lot of people do under the hood installs. But your install looks nice also, I wanna get sensor for mine also what readings are you getting off yours I see your tapped into there for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back