5. Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari, 178
6. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 177
Constructors
1. Mercedes, 679
2. Red Bull, 430
3. Scuderia Ferrari, 362
4. Sahara Force India, 145
5. Williams, 136

For more, including analysis, track data, and video, please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports!

19_Brazil_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

This is Rosberg's best chance to win the championship, as I think Hamilton is a marginally better driver. The cars are changing next year, so there is a chance that the Mercedes dominance could be broken, and other teams would have a chance to win in a straight-up fight.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
The cars are changing next year, so there is a chance that the Mercedes dominance could be broken, and other teams would have a chance to win in a straight-up fight.

I'm really looking forward to next year. The scuttlebutt is the cars will be back to being Aero limited rather than power. It's become pretty obvious that the Mercs have the best grunt, but it is also fairly obvious that as soon as they are in dirty air they just can't get ahead. Red Bull have the best Aero guys, so I'd be tipping them to get out the gate early next year. I'd like to see Renault get it together, but I think they are a couple of years off yet.

I'm just looking forward to the modified aero rules allowing closer racing and being less influenced by turbulence in a following car, and having bigger and stickier tyres to allow faster cornering and easier torque to the ground. They are predicting significant increases in corner speed and the drivers that have trialed the new rubber seem to indicate they are looking forward to next year.

Fingers crossed for faster & closer racing.

As for this season, meh. I don't like either Merc drivers, so 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. The Brit just irritates me, but I'm not a fan of the sour [censored] either.

The cars are changing next year.........

Does anyone know what they're going with? My guess is 2 cylinders, 100 CC's with 14 turbochargers running 400 pounds of boost, coupled to 4 gallon fuel cells that will not be allowed to be refilled. That coupled with 10 electric motors hooked to solar panels built into the front wing. And all races will be called off if it's cloudy.

Originally Posted By: billt460
The cars are changing next year.........

Does anyone know what they're going with? My guess is 2 cylinders, 100 CC's with 14 turbochargers running 400 pounds of boost, coupled to 4 gallon fuel cells that will not be allowed to be refilled. That coupled with 10 electric motors hooked to solar panels built into the front wing. And all races will be called off if it's cloudy.

Lol that could be a possibility with Ferrari offering a street version for the rich collectors. La Bernie Ferrari.

I'd love to see the drivers have a 3 race challenge were they are all using the exact same cars. Let's say they race at Monaco, Suzuka and maybe Silverstone.

Can you imagine, Vettel, Kimi, Lewis, Nico, Alonso, Max, Jenson, and the rest competing on equal footing. That way we could see who knows setups the best and can make for a more interesting race IMO. Most of these drivers have as much charisma as a piece of sandpaper.

Vettel's swear a thon was funny and more entertaining than his drive that day.

Usually when I watch a race these days I PVR it and speed through it once the opening lap is over.

I don't know about you guys, but unless there's a crash or some stupidity, its getting boring for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
Usually when I watch a race these days I PVR it and speed through it once the opening lap is over.

I don't know about you guys, but unless there's a crash or some stupidity, its getting boring for me.

I'm getting to be the same way. These races are usually turning into 1-1/2 hours of follow the leader.

Hamilton won, Rosberg second, Verstapen third.
Next/Final race will decide the Championship winner.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
You missed a great drive by Verstappen then.

I saw him pass Rosberg for second. Then he pitted and gave it back. The race finished the way it was when my DVR ran out, so I didn't miss much. I caught his slide that almost took him out. He was lucky.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
You missed a great drive by Verstappen then.

I saw him pass Rosberg for second. Then he pitted and gave it back. The race finished the way it was when my DVR ran out, so I didn't miss much. I caught his slide that almost took him out. He was lucky.

You are going to be sorry your DVR gave out. Verstappen went from 15th place to third in the last 10 laps.
Also set the fastest lap of the race doing it.

Yeah, that drive by Verstappen will literally be talked about for years among F1 fans. It was one for the ages. I was very critical of how he entered F1 but he has truly impressed me this year with his driving, attitude, and overall maturity. I contrast that to veterans who have earned their place but now seem to whine and complain at every little thing. I don't want to hear any more sarcastic complaints from Jenson Button on the radio (actually yelled at the TV yesterday because he's doing so much of it lately), I want drivers who relish being there, get on with it, and take some risks.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon

You are going to be sorry your DVR gave out. Verstappen went from 15th place to third in the last 10 laps.
Also set the fastest lap of the race doing it.

That last half hour of the race made all the bull up front worth it. I don't like Max, but I can't argue with the talent he showed yesterday. It's not experience, as he has bugger all. That was raw talent and it made the race pretty [censored] exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back