Morris Multivis 5w40 fully synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a quick eyeball of the Morris 5W40 technical data sheet, I'd guess this oil is based on this system...

http://www.aftonchemical.com/SBU/EngineOilAdditives/PassengerCar/HiTEC®-9490

The oil is going to be a good quality, 5W40 Group III synthetic oil; no worse and no better than all the other similar oils out there.

It's very probable that one or more of the major oil companies are using exact same DI/VII system in their oils. In which case, the Morris 5W40 is likely to be significantly cheaper than the well known brand oil and just as good.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks to Olas and Sonofjoe for the advice and information.

Thanks also to Popsy for putting a smile on my face, regarding Total Quartz 9000 5W40 I wasn't that impressed as the oil consumption increased. So Popsy it seems you were correct when you said; "I think there are better oils out there for similar prices".
smile.gif

Well, TQ 5W40 Energy is a "thick" 5W40, I think I'm going to try it in my diesel for the winter! At worst I'm looking at 15€ lost.

It's a high quality oil chap, used Morris lubricants for years in our workshop with engines giving very long life, greases are excellent as well!! As long as it fits your application perfectly then use it without hesitation.

Thank you, however my supplier said he couldn't get the Morris Multivis 5w40 so I picked up some Fuchs TITAN Supersyn 5W-40 instead. I think it's similar quality?

As long as it's of the recommended performance specs for your engine it'll be fine, Fuchs are a massive lubricant company and make really good quality oils, use with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back