2007 BMW 328i Tires needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend is looking for 4 tires for his 2007 BMW 328i with 235 35 20. Any good rebates or deals out there?
He got offered 4 tires for 150 each mounted and balanced. Two tires are Toyo and the other 2 are Continental.
I told him to hold off on buying and told him I would look into it

[assuming said friend lives in CA -- correct me if I'm wrong]

Options in this size seem limited. As OVERKILL said, the Pilot Sport A/S 3 would be perfect; unfortunately, it's not available in this size.

Luckily, there's this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...num=335YR0PSSXL

Killer tire obviously; well built, grippy, long-lasting for its type, and light. And that particular variant is Ferrari spec, for what that's worth. :]

I don't see anything that comes close, even considering bang-for-the-buck. Do NOT go cheap here -- that's never a good idea with tires, but it's especially bad with a sidewall that small.

Originally Posted By: Gito
Friend is looking for 4 tires for his 2007 BMW 328i with 235 35 20. Any good rebates or deals out there?
He got offered 4 tires for 150 each mounted and balanced. Two tires are Toyo and the other 2 are Continental.
I told him to hold off on buying and told him I would look into it

20" wheel and cheap? Are you kidding?

Krzys

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Do NOT go cheap here --

Agreed.

In this particular size, it's just not going to be cheap, unless it's total khrap.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
He should put decent tires on it. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's are a good choice.

The 3's are old now, they're A/S 3 Plus now. The size of rims are getting a little ridiculous, whatever happened to 80 series 13 inch rims? You never used to find guys that would fix rims, but they're all over the place now because they crack and bend all the time.

Originally Posted By: Gito
Friend is looking for 4 tires for his 2007 BMW 328i with 235 35 20.

Also, just FYI, but according to TR, the recommended tire size for this car is 245/30/20.

There is a Hankook Ventus V12 available in that size for $175 each, but if it was my car, I'd spend a bit more and get the PSS. Then again, if it was my car, I'd dump the 20" rims and get 17" ones.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
[assuming said friend lives in CA -- correct me if I'm wrong]

Options in this size seem limited. As OVERKILL said, the Pilot Sport A/S 3 would be perfect; unfortunately, it's not available in this size.

Luckily, there's this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...num=335YR0PSSXL

Killer tire obviously; well built, grippy, long-lasting for its type, and light. And that particular variant is Ferrari spec, for what that's worth. :]

I don't see anything that comes close, even considering bang-for-the-buck. Do NOT go cheap here -- that's never a good idea with tires, but it's especially bad with a sidewall that small.

Yes, the PSS's are phenomenal and a true bargain for the performance they offer
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back