Get out there and vote, Americans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a citizen, you have the right to vote so make sure you exercise it today. Make an informed decision and just do it. Nobody at work or on Facebook or on BITOG needs to know who you support or who you voted for, just make sure you do it.

No excuses! No "I'm too busy", no "My vote doesn't really matter", no "My candidate/the other candidate is going to win anyway" bull. Do it.

DO IT!

Voted at 0700 this morning.
wink.gif

We have mail in ballots (or drop off at ballot box collection sites) here in Oregon. Makes voting so easy.

Yes, vote! I sent in my mail in ballot a couple weeks ago.

Some people stand in line for hours, I don't understand why when you can just mail it in.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Some people stand in line for hours, I don't understand why when you can just mail it in.

I can't figure that out either, I guess they want the experience? We're fortunate in AZ that everyone is automatically enrolled in early voting and can vote by mail. Not all states offer that option.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Nick1994 said:
I can't figure that out either, I guess they want the experience?

I've never waited for more than a few minutes here in Canada; but I always go in person so I can bring my daughters. It'll be ~10 years before they vote but I want them to be used to the process.

There's never a wait where I live. A bunch of seniors to check you in at the fire hall and rows of empty tables to fill out your ballot. In/out in 3min tops.

Originally Posted By: JTK
There's never a wait where I live. A bunch of seniors to check you in at the fire hall and rows of empty tables to fill out your ballot. In/out in 3min tops.
That's the way here too. And we get cookies too.

We normally vote by absentee ballot. It gives us the time and opportunity to research some of the more obscure candidates such as judges, township trustees, ag extension council, etc.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Maybe a person is waiting for all the info to make their decision? Just maybe some voters were swayed by the revelations in the past week on the Clinton crime family? Last minute October surprises.

I disagree. At least 50% of Americans are too stupid to vote, and they shouldn't be voting. Telling them to vote because its their duty is why we end up with what we have today.

People that have no right voting, should stay home.

The lines in my polling station were short, but the traffic lines to get to the school and park were insane.
I parked about half a mile away and walked...must have saved myself at least half an hour by doing that.
My town needs more polling locations...

I have yet to vote. I am in walking distance. The other choices on the ballot are easy. But for President. A North eastern loud mouth or a dedicated crime family??

Quote:
I disagree. At least 50% of Americans are too stupid to vote, and they shouldn't be voting. Telling them to vote because its their duty is why we end up with what we have today.

People that have no right voting, should stay home.

How very enlightened of you! Hopefully most Americans don't share your 'opinion'.

I voted early on 10/28 at the poll station, no line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back