Rude to ask someone their level of education ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^Haha, I have seen examples of this elitist junk.

People are quick to apply labels no matter their level of education. Some of them would be amazed at how wrong they are, of course others would never even consider such a thing.

Snobbery is rampant as is elitism, a piece of paper on the wall means little when it comes to life skills and earnings. Anyone who wants to work can make money in our country...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^Haha, I have seen examples of this elitist junk.

People are quick to apply labels no matter their level of education. Some of them would be amazed at how wrong they are, of course others would never even consider such a thing.

Snobbery is rampant as is elitism, a piece of paper on the wall means little when it comes to life skills and earnings. Anyone who wants to work can make money in our country...

I will be proud if we can keep it this way for another generation.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I'm sure the education was terribly useful while in handcuffs, too.
wink.gif

I did not follow the outcome of this situation other than this was an holiday weekend so she had the honor of staying in the county jail until she was before a judge on Tuesday. This occurred early Saturday morning around midnight. I am a firm believer in the United States justice system of innocent until proven guilty but this elitist "lady" was guilty as sin. The best part was it was the whole 30+ minute ordeal was on video on multiple cameras. I hope she is still in prison.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: FowVay
I have found that it is rather easy to tell a person's education level by the way they talk and conduct themselves.

Not always, I only have a High School Education but upon going into the Service my duty station was at the Pentagon, working in an office, for what was left of the Manhattan Project, this was during the height of the VietNam war. After leaving the service I always worked in management other than when myself and my wife had our own business.

I never dress as the proverbial WalMart shopper unless working around the house or yard.

I have great respect for myself, my wife, and others depending on how I am treated by them.

Does it bother me to be asked, not at all.

Does it bother me to ask, not at all.

But there are 4 commas in your first sentence...
eek.gif

I've never been asked. I had a career salesman compliment me on how highly developed my social skills were after seeing the rural area in PA I came from. That annoyed me a bit in the context of the conversation. I've also been complimented for having no discernible regional dialect in my speech, but that is something I worked on correcting. I'm Don Draper I guess.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy

I've never been asked. I had a career salesman compliment me on how highly developed my social skills were after seeing the rural area in PA I came from. That annoyed me a bit in the context of the conversation. I've also been complimented for having no discernible regional dialect in my speech, but that is something I worked on correcting. I'm Don Draper I guess.

Was that a yinzer dialect you successfully lost?

You went to Northeastern? Gee, you must be wicked smaht!
grin2.gif
I learned more in the 3rd grade, than in any of the following 13 yrs.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I did not follow the outcome of this situation other than this was an holiday weekend so she had the honor of staying in the county jail until she was before a judge on Tuesday.

Holiday weekends are fantastic that way.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: dave1251
I did not follow the outcome of this situation other than this was an holiday weekend so she had the honor of staying in the county jail until she was before a judge on Tuesday.

Holiday weekends are fantastic that way.
wink.gif

Indeed life would be a lot easier if we as people just had a good time and called it a night when it is time.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy

Was that a yinzer dialect you successfully lost?

nah, parents grew up outside of Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back