Magnatec 5W30, 6045mi, 81k, '11 Tundra 5.7L

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fifth UOA on my 2011 Tundra 5.7L, 3URFE, now with 81k miles.
Oil tested was Castrol Magnatec 5W30 with Toyota filter, and right at 6k miles.

Everything seems good, and the TBN is up a bit over the last analysis even though it had 1k more miles on it.
The overall Iron ppm/mile is down compared to the first OCI on the oil from the dealer, which is nice.

I am definitely well pleased with the Magnatec 5W30 and plan on sticking with it as long as I can keep getting it cheap on the Amazon subscribe & save (~$15.20 before tax).

I refilled with the Magnatec 5W30.

Here is the post for the previous UOA

Are you considering pushing the next interval to 8,000 based on Blackstone's recommendation or just wherever it ends up when the next shipment from Amazon arrives?

Amazon is currently high on just about everything oil related.
I get it from Walmart now.
Too bad you can't use the 5w20 as a comparison as its a fs.

Toyotas are good vehicles. All that I have owned over the years have been a pleasure.

AirgunSavant this doesn't matter if it's a synthetic blend or not really. Look at the TBN and viscosity. Both look very strong for the mileage. The Castrol Magnatec blend is Dexos approved so it likely has 2/3 to 3/4 synthetic oil in it in order to meet that specification.

Originally Posted By: czbrian
Are you considering pushing the next interval to 8,000 based on Blackstone's recommendation or just wherever it ends up when the next shipment from Amazon arrives?

I'm considering extending it towards the 8k mark for the next interval, but some of it depends on the time. I'm not expecting to put as many miles on the Tundra in the coming months as I now have an '84 BMW 325e for commuting and I can get ~30mpg in it.

Originally Posted By: Kira
What's with those boron and sodium numbers at 60,000 and 65,000? Was an additive added?

The 60k mi was the 5W20 fill from the dealer, and 65k mi was Castrol Edge 5W20.

And yet another impressive looking run for Magnatec.
thumbsup2.gif

I agree KC. Castrol Magnatec is really a very good product indeed. I am thinking about running this in my car for multiple runs coming up. I have run it one time and I was very pleased. Between Havoline Pro DS and Castrol Magnatec I can find a oil that runs very good in my car and for a low price.

I'm gonna agree with bbhero, Magnatec is stout. Wonder if it's as good as EDGE. Makes me wish I had got some when it was $17~

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Look at the TBN and viscosity. Both look very strong for the mileage.

Exactly what I was thinking when reading the report, look at that great TBN and Viscosity reserve given the mileage.

Also look at those low iron values, well under 1ppm of Fe per 1k miles.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
And yet another impressive looking run for Magnatec.
thumbsup2.gif

Exactly !!

And good to see you are still around KCJeep, I hope you are doing fine.

I am well thank you for asking. I am not on here as much anymore but still stop in and still suffer from the BITOG addiction ha ha.

I have a sample of Magnatec from our KIA I need to send in and have not gotten it done.

Originally Posted By: KL31
What type of driving? Highway city %? 4.1 TBN left after 10,000kms is very good!

Mileage wise on highway vs city streets, its probably 80/20 or 90/10, but if you count stop and go traffic on the highway as "city", then it probably evens out a bit more.

Each day, probably 30-45 miles of my 120mi total daily commute consists of varying degrees of stop and go traffic on I-10 in Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back