Oil spec suzuki grand vitara 2.7L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was down helping my gma do some yard work. She told me jiffy lube is charging her $80 for a syn oil change. She had no manual so im not sure what the spec is for the car, anyone kno? If i can ill take it to work and do it.

I found two different websites (Amsoil being one, and some other unfamiliar one for the other) recommend 5W30 synthetic for that engine. Sound like Jiffy Lube probably has it right.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
I found two different websites (Amsoil being one, and some other unfamiliar one for the other) recommend 5W30 synthetic for that engine. Sound like Jiffy Lube probably has it right.

Castrol Australia or Jiffy Lube.

Who you gonna call?

According to this site, depends on the particular engine code, which we don't know. Could be that skinny, wimpy 5W30, (which Suzuki "highly recommend", but that'll be Suzuki America, probably) or a slightly more muscular 10W40.

http://cararac.com/engine_oil/suzuki/grand-vitara.html

http://www.suzuguide.com/suzuki-466.html

The second site gives you the choice of 10W30, with a temperature chart, and tells you how to change the oil, with torque specs and suchlike superfluities. They want you to use "starburst" fuel economy oils, like you weren't driving a 4X4, already.

I'd put 15W40 in it, but then I do that with everything I don't put straight 40 in.

G'day

Last edited:
Well i stopped by work omw home, because i was going to sears to shop because they were having a friends and family night where they give 20% off anything, plus i got my associates discount. Well i stopped in the autocenter and checked the oil spec and it said conv oil or bett9is recommended. So the price was $26 compared to $80 syn oil at jiffy lube.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Well i stopped by work omw home, because i was going to sears to shop because they were having a friends and family night where they give 20% off anything, plus i got my associates discount. Well i stopped in the autocenter and checked the oil spec and it said conv oil or better is recommended. So the price was $26 compared to $80 syn oil at jiffy lube.

Well, that's a bit vague, but it probably doesn't matter, and 54$ does

I note that the ambient temperature range given in the manual I linked to only goes up to 30 degrees, but that probably doesn't matter much either, since higher ambient temperatures, as found here and in Australia, won't affect engine operating temperature much unless very extreme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back