M1 Euro Formul 0W40, 9000mi, 211+k, '00 528i 2.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 BMW 528i 2.8L I-6 211+k miles. 9000 on this UOA.

Most of it's life I used BMW 5W30 and Mann Filters until it became $10 per quart.

Mobil 1 Synthetic Euro Formula 0W/40 seems a little light in the summer. I am happy with the results. Mixed driving. Mostly in suburb traffic lots of stop and go with a few miles of highway stuff.

Last edited:
Looks good to extend the OCI, although I would get a TBN next time. You can extend past min TBN IF you do an idle flush just before changing the oil and filter.

Check the Fe per mile to see if the longer OCI is better or not. My TDI likes 17K km rather than 10K km, with lower Al and Fe. The Pb is the same, so it's the top end that likes the longer OCI.

Is it my imagination or are the Zinc and Phosphorus numbers really low? They should be in the neighborhood of 1000/1100, I believe?

Thanks for the tips guys. 9000 miles is the longest interval. My usual oil changes are between 5000 and 7000 miles.

I'm going to need a clutch (first one) and a couple of other expensive things. If the engine is healthy then I will put the money into.

Nice wear rate, inline engines are always excellent wearing engines. She will make 400k engine wise probably more BMW are great if well taken care of.

Thanks for commenting. I hope it lasts. I did not drive in the winter for the first 12-years but now I no longer have a third car so she now has snow tires. North East winters suck. This is my fourth used BMW. My last e28 had over 320K miles until tranny went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back