Flat Black Wheels on a Gloss White Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a new fad or something. I was in a parking lot last night and saw 3 brand new cars set up that way. The paint looked nice but the wheels looked all chard up like they've been in a fire. And then there was a Volkswagen Jetta parked outside Best Buy that had gloss white paint with gloss black wheels. I remember feeling a sense of relief at the sight of seeing gloss black for a change.

I think black alloy wheels look ugly. When they first came into fashion, I thought such vehicles had missing hubcaps from a distance.

Yeah, they look pretty ugly. The "murdered" look is pretty pretty bad too.

Merk, it would seem apparent that you have a tough time accepting change...you hate thin oil and hate new trends.

I dont totally disagree with the wheel trend...maybe matte wheels are easier to keep looking clean?!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Must be a new fad or something. I was in a parking lot last night and saw 3 brand new cars set up that way. The paint looked nice but the wheels looked all chard up like they've been in a fire.

As long as the owners of those cars like it like that, who cares?

I prefer white or silver wheels too. I find particularly ugly the rims on my Colt, but I also find the car not particularly good looking on itself, so...

If the wheel comes matte from the manufacturer, i think they look fine. Most of the matte wheels you're seeing now a days are plasti-dipped (see below). Once they lay on the brakes after the first application of the rubberized coating, the wheels look like someone's sprayed primer and forgot to paint them... I'm not a fan either.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Must be a new fad or something.

New? Man that was popular lets say in 2009-2011 here in EU

Opel (Vauxhall/GM) even introduced its Opel Corsa Black and White edition.....LoL that was funny.....every local "gypsy" had at last those black rims

corsa-casablanca-white-color.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Merk, it would seem apparent that you have a tough time accepting change...you hate thin oil and hate new trends.

Yeah, except he is using a thin hippy ILSAC 30 grade oil. It's not like he uses a 20W-50 or 15W-40 HDEO.

Anyway I think the white cars with black wheels look fine if the windows also have a heavy dark tint, it sort of balances the look. If the glass isn't tinted, the car looks a little bottom heavy. But not enough to bother me.

Doesn't bother me either way-on certain cars it does look good.

I kinda like the "dipped" ones....gives you something different for a while, then you just peel it off....

Originally Posted By: exranger06
White wheels...
37.gif
No car should ever have white wheels, regardless of vehicle color. Ever. They're just hideous.

I agree !!

Originally Posted By: SR5
White wheels...
37.gif
No car should ever have white wheels, regardless of vehicle color. Ever. They're just hideous.

I agree !!

Hideous isn't the word I'd use...

But to each his own I suppose.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: SR5
White wheels...
37.gif

I agree !!

Hideous isn't the word I'd use...

But to each his own I suppose.

shocked2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back