Tire review- hercules HSI-L winter tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back in fall of 2014 the wife and I got t-boned and wrote off her new elenatra. Few weeks later we found ourselves in a new 2013 fusion. She wanted winter tires so I set out on my Google quest to see what I could find. Called a few places and one tire shop recommended the Hercules HSI-L tires after I explained the type of driving she does and that we would probably leave them on year round as she only puts on maybe 8000km a year, most of it around town.

Flash forward 2 years, these tires have been amazing. Winter performance is great, car always feels solid and locked to the road. Summer and rain performance is also great. 17,000km later and they are still like new. Road noise on dry pavement is non existent. We got all 4 tires plus install for under $500CAD 225/50R17, which in Canada is a pretty sweet price. For anyone looking for a good solid winter tire with out breaking the bank, I highly recommend these.

PS, if your looking for a good all weather tire for a truck or SUV, I got Cooper ATW on my F150 and they are performing great. Awesome in the snow and ice, and held up good hauling my camper around all summer

Last edited:
Great choice. Both Cooper and Hercules are two of my favorite brand tires. I was just looking online for a set of Hercules ATs for my Jeep.

Update: in the cold -30c, the coopers are no better than any other tire. Maybe it because the F150 is light, I'm used to 1 ton diesels, but the car feels way more solid.

I've had better traction with a F350 and toyo mt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: leeaspell
Update: in the cold -30c, the coopers are no better than any other tire. Maybe it because the F150 is light, I'm used to 1 ton diesels, but the car feels way more solid.

You cant directly compare between vehicles but somehow I doubt you would get more traction from a mud tire on the f150 than the winter biased cooper all-terrain.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: leeaspell

You cant directly compare between vehicles but somehow I doubt you would get more traction from a mud tire on the f150 than the winter biased cooper all-terrain.

would have to agree, maybe your pressure is a bit to high for the conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back