Molybdenum and Engine Deposits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we agree that Graphite is an inert solid that act synergistically in engine oils and wouldn't react with add pack, just take away a little dispersant, at most. Disprrsant is the most available and abundant additive in a quart container of oil 15 to 25% in a clean oil.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
Can we agree that Graphite is an inert solid that act synergistically in engine oils and wouldn't react with add pack, just take away a little dispersant, at most. Disprrsant is the most available and abundant additive in a quart container of oil 15 to 25% in a clean oil.

No we can't.

When dealing with PCEO, the entire additive package (FM, AW, Dispersant, etc) is typically between 8-12%
In HDDEO it is higher - usually around 14-18%.
The VM content differs from aroun 3%-12%

Yes the dispersant does make up a large portion of the additive package but it I wouldn't call it 15-25%.

Inert because it doesn't reacts with oil constituents, but act synergistically improving lubricity, filling scratches, making a more slippering fluid, clinging with carbon deposits to clean, etc. IMO.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
Show us an commercial oil At just 8% ADD PACK? Don't force it.

Go call any of the major additive companies and ask them what the treat rate is for their mainline DI package for API SN licensed PCMO. The answer will surprise you.

Then realize that all of the major engine oil marketers deal with one of those 4 major addco's and you will see that MOST of the PCMO's have a treat rate in the ranges I described. Then you can take your pick on which commercially available oil you want.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I have been around long enough to say with authority that any oil that meets the specs and 3 to 5,000 mile oil change intervals and any filter that doesn't fail will lead to a longer than necessary engine life with out falling for the marketing and hype of those that think they know. Unless you live where the tarting temps get below 0*f then syn is nice.

cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back