Wiper Motor Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 99 Saturn SL2.

For the last couple of weeks, the wipers won't stop once you flip the mist or turn the wipers off from one of the regular settings.

Okay, wiper motor I figure. Spent some time this afternoon pulling the current and putting on a remaned one from AAP. Reconnect everything and test them out, I can't get the wipers to return to the "home" position. Regardless of where the assembly / motor is stopped by hand (like the assembly is progressed to a certain position and then the nut for the motor connected) once the wipers are used it returns to the same position.

It's not that I set the wipers to high as far as I can tell. From their current "home" position (about 6 inches north of the bottom of the windshield), they go up to the edge of the windshield, then wipe back down past the position they stop at at "home", and then go back up 6 inches to the current "home" position.

Any ideas? Did I mess something up or did I get a faulty motor?

Current position of the wipers at rest:

Thanks JC1. This did the trick, guess the second time I rotated the wiper assembly, I was close enough to 180 degrees from where I left it the first time, left me thinking the wipers were going to the same position both times. 9 o'clock was the correct home position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back