Decal remover wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to remove two decals/stickers on my windshield and they're hard to peel off. Is there any common household stuff I can use to soften them up? I am trying to avoid buying the commercially available decal removers since it's only 2 small stickers.

if its on the glass, you can try to scrape it away - obviously you cant do that if its on paint.

Then try peanut butter.

heat gun and scraper, razor blade version on glass, plastic on body panels. I have to remove and put on new permit stickers on my commercial vehicles annually and a heat does wonders to get the job done quickly.

A picture would help. Peel off the sticker then use some baby oil on the gooey stuff to soften it up and then use a razor blade to remove that glue.

I would just spend a few bucks on some goo gone.

Double edged razor blade plus some of the other suggestions already mentioned. If you don't have a heat gun then try a hair dryer before you do anything.

JHZR2 said:
if its on the glass, you can try to scrape it away - obviously you cant do that if its on paint.

Sure you can but you need to be careful. Heat it up some with a hair dryer and start working the edges. Just keep that blade angle shallow and go easy. Any stickum left over goes away with some Dollar Store Goo Be Gone. Nice oily peanut butter or even the wife's cooking oil or Pam help too.

Heat, razor blade, then gasoline, then windex.

The gas gets the goo off then the windex gets the rainbow special effects.
wink.gif

Razor blade, WD40, then Windex with vinegar for final cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back