Iso-HEET and Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Iso-HEET in gasoline vehicles with no problems. Why would Gold Eagle recommend Iso-HEET for diesels? When I study the details of diesel technology (fuel/water separators) and chemistry of alcohol bonding with water, it seems like a liability for Gold Eagle. Why I'm concerned and what I suspect happens is that alcohol (in Iso-HEET) bonds with the water in the fuel tank and creates (in effect) a larger molecule that could defeat the fuel/water separator system and continue to the engine, where, high pressure steam would form and eventually damage the fuel injectors. I would like to hear what you think, and possibly reach a better understanding.

you dont want to use any alcohol in a modern diesel.. so thats questionable on their part.

Originally Posted By: Down_South
I've used Iso-HEET in gasoline vehicles with no problems. Why would Gold Eagle recommend Iso-HEET for diesels? When I study the details of diesel technology (fuel/water separators) and chemistry of alcohol bonding with water, it seems like a liability for Gold Eagle. Why I'm concerned and what I suspect happens is that alcohol (in Iso-HEET) bonds with the water in the fuel tank and creates (in effect) a larger molecule that could defeat the fuel/water separator system and continue to the engine, where, high pressure steam would form and eventually damage the fuel injectors. I would like to hear what you think, and possibly reach a better understanding.
If they can convince a few "devotees" to use it their bottom line improves.

Water emulsion in diesel fuel is a technology that is promising, but usually not worth the cost. It lowers the flame temperature so the NOx output is lowered. The flash of water droplets to steam helps atomize the fuel droplets for better burn. The emulsion is created either mechanically or chemically. Both cost a lot, and the fuel savings is not enough to pay for the emulsion process. Here is one example:
http://www.exomission.de/index.php/en/technologien-3/kraftstoff-wasser-emulsion-kwe

Another way to do it is with water or even better, water-methanol injection. That method is an inexpensive, proven way to optimize diesel combustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back