Winter Storage Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-5 months is nothing. Just make sure it has more than a half tank of fuel and the tires aren't low on air - 40psi is plenty. Disconnect the battery and walk away. You're already changing the oil more often than you need to - Pennzoil synthetic will go 5000 miles even if it's been in there for years.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
No need to change oil that's close to new and no need to change it every 3K either.
Fill the tank with fuel, drive it straight into the garage, shut it down and then leave it be. Some sort of battery tender/maintainer would be a better use of you money than an oil change.
In the spring, start her up and drive.
I've stored cars in this way for years with never a problem.

This. This is the technique I use for my summer vehicles and have never had an issue with it. The Solar brand of battery tenders is fantastic BTW.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
No need to change oil that's close to new and no need to change it every 3K either.
Fill the tank with fuel, drive it straight into the garage, shut it down and then leave it be. Some sort of battery tender/maintainer would be a better use of you money than an oil change.
In the spring, start her up and drive.
I've stored cars in this way for years with never a problem.

+1

My 2002 Acura TL has yet to see a Canadian winter, has been stored pretty much in this manner.
I add fuel stab on the last fill up. Crack the windows down 1" and throw the car tarp on it.
About 4 or 5 weeks later I start putting the trickle charger on the battery for a few days at a time, and pray for an early spring...
wink.gif

Edit: wanted to add... OCI are approx 10k km ... if im relatively close to that ..I will change the oil before... this year I am NOwhere close... oil is staying in....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back