What happens to an Oil brand when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I got news for you: in 2050, there won't be any cars with gasoline powered engines.
There are people today restoring 50 year old cars.

And in cases like mine (a 67 Camaro) they are as attractive and fun to drive as pretty much anything you can buy new.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nascarnation

And in cases like mine (a 67 Camaro) they are as attractive and fun to drive as pretty much anything you can buy new.

Or more so. I joke that every car I buy is older than the last. Although, I actually started talking to my wife about a 2017 Camaro... though I have to admit that if I am going to spend that kind of money on a car, a '67 might be a better choice.

One of my arguments for a new Camaro is that I want a muscle car and I think we're seeing the last heyday of them right now. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Most automakers are talking electric or hybrid or whatever now days.

robert

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Quote:
Just make it electric-only, and then use some form of non-contact recharging (hey, we're talking 30 years into the future, maybe it'll happen--or maybe your pet robot will plug in your car for you).

Some cell phones already have proximity charging. Lay the phone on the pad and it charges with no direct electrical contact.

My 2¢

I read an article a while back claiming that there has been some work done on roads that would charge the electric cars driving on it, I'd assume that the power delivered would be monitored somehow and the driver would get a bill from the local government. There was a suggestion that the power would be free to encourage EV use, but I say fat chance of that happening...unless it was a "first line is free" type of lure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back