Tow truck driver takes Nissan GTR on joyride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly why, but seeing the handicapped plates on the car and the owner in a wheelchair made me even more [censored] at the duma$$ truck driver...didn't listen to the audio, hope he got fired in no time flat.

First thought, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...Relax, I'm a professional. Second thought, can't fix stupid and the tow truck driver is rightfully in deep dung.

And someone probably going to be on the hook for any damages that the drive did as the owner had concern about something not right. Tow company should pay for any repairs even if the drive was not responsible for damages.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
instead of apologizing and taking proper action, the tow company is denying any responsibility.

These the same companies that claim they found a car parked on the street with four donut tires on it.

Think he told his friend that there was a kilo of Colombian Bam-Bam under the car and that he called the cops?

Scum bag driver should be made by a judge to buy the GTR owner a brand new GTR fresh off the lot. Pieces of trash like that should all be eradicated from society.

Sounds to me like it's a shady towing operating but they aren't even taking responsibility for it and saying that he was an independent contractor.

Pretty [censored] situation either way. Hopefully he can get everything fixed and either the towing company foots the bill or dudebro joyrider pays out of pocket.

That's unacceptable. But these are the guys that steal your radios when your car breaks down, or has no problem snagging it out of your own driveway because someone "said" it was illegally parked.

Most tow truck drivers are owner-operators (or are hired drivers for an owner-operator), at least around here.

So I don't expect the Tow Company to step up to the plate. However, it's a great opportunity (and I'd be shocked if a lawyer would not point this out) to have the Tow Company's name on the door because it's always best to name as many targets as possible in the lawsuit, because they are (or at least might be found to be) "jointly and severally" responsible for any judgement.

Basically, that means you want someone with deep pockets or assets that can be seized because any one defendant can be made to pay the whole judgement, rather than just one poor-ish person who can reduce his assets below the minimal living threshold and therefore never, ever, actually pay out the judgement. The old "blood from stone" defence, which is not an actual defence so much as a strategy, but none the less a real problem.

So, it's a nice stick to have. The Tow Company's lawyers will no doubt say the same thing, making them leverage as they can be counted on to pressure the owner-operator to settle early, to the car owner's satisfaction and benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back