How far have you come on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
This does interest me, as both of my parents cars run on Quaker State (and have for many years), as did my Cobalt up until it's last oil change (switched to M1)

Could it be going semi-syn?

My first one....

First post, but been reading these forums for a while now and haven't seen any one talk about this subject: Quaker State Warranty. Have a new Accord, V6 and must use 5W-20. Anyway, the local quickie lube mistakedly put Quaker State in it even though I've been using Pennz. What the [censored], no problem because the wife averages about 1K miles a week in it. Well, a week later I get this pamphlet from Quaker State saying that if I continue using their oil, and document it and change every 4K, I will stay enrolled in their 10 year/250K lubrication limited warranty and did not mention anything about FILTERS. WHAT??? Read the fine print and basically if any part of this engine fails ( pistons, oil pump, timing chain, cam, rods, crankshaft, etc. etc.) they will replace the engine for free. I have NEVER heard of this but was well surprised. Now, I am not, nor have I ever been a QS man. BUT, you got to think these guys got some big 'nards to put out that kind of warranty, IN WRITING. [Eek!] The warranty card has the vehicle VIN and serial number on it.
My question: have any of you come across this? Is it junk? Another question on the 5W-20 never ending saga: No one ever talks about or brings up QS 5W-20. Is this stuff that bad? What is the general feelings or facts from the oil brethrens???? [I dont know]

My first question....LOL....man, oh man, have I've grown since 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back