2.0 ecoboost 2017 edge Start/Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
You don't like start/stop? I'm picky when it dont work on my 15 malibu.

One of my co-workers has it on his Focus. It is a manual and freaks him out every time he gets stuck in traffic.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

One of my co-workers has it on his Focus. It is a manual and freaks him out every time he gets stuck in traffic.

Took me about 2 months to get use to it, i now know how to make it work when i want it 2.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing. It did not take too long to learn how to manipulate it to get it to do what you want - and still function when you want it to. At least that's been the case with my F150 with the 2.7 and the Auto Start Stop. Actually works a lot better than the BMW rental I had with auto start stop...

On the F150, there is a button on top of the center column to disable it - but it only does so until the truck is turned off. Folks have looked for a way around that, but honestly have not paid attention - works fine for my use.

We have it on our 2016 Malibu, seems like it would put a lot of extra wear on the starter and starve the turbo of oil when it shuts off all the time. I would love to disable ours as well but it doesn't look that simple.

Originally Posted By: askani79705
Anyone know a trick to premanatly disable it ?

You can't permanently disable it without altering the ECM code or tricking a sensor to an "error" state. The EPA gives a credit for having the technology in the car. Part of the requirement is that it is automatically reactivated every start. My 2.7L F150 has a button on the dash that you can use to disable it for that key cycle only, look for something similar.

As others have mentioned you can learn to control it with your driving style if you so desire. If you look in your manual there are a number of situations when the S/S system will not engage.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
We have it on our 2016 Malibu, seems like it would put a lot of extra wear on the starter and starve the turbo of oil when it shuts off all the time. I would love to disable ours as well but it doesn't look that simple.

I'm not sure about Chevy, but I know Ford upgraded all the components that could potentially see extra wear from the S/S system. Now if S/S was just thrown on an existing engine I would worry. But if the engine is built for it, there is an extra level of comfort.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

So it starts back up when you re-engage the clutch?

For the OP http://www.fordescape.org/forum/2017-for...ecifically.html

No easy way to disable permanently, but you can disable it every time you start the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back