Garage Cabinet Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would like to get rid of the clutter in my garage. Can someone recommend a good cabinet set at a decent price?
Thanks in advance

A buddy of mine just found an old kitchen cabinet set on craigslist for free. He picked them up and bought a counter top for them and painted them. The cabinets look new and cost him next to nothing.

Yeah I found some great 1950's white enamel kitchen cabinets (made in Brooklyn, NY, imagine that!!), and mounted them up.
I like them because they are marginally lighter than wood, easy to clean, magnetic, etc.

I also got 12" heavy duty used shelving and installed that below. Very tough stuff.

Great ideas. I have a bunch of car stuff on the floor in my garage that I wanted to hide. The ready made sets from places like Home Depot are really expensive. Will look at Craigslist as well.

Originally Posted By: GGorman04
JHZR2, if you do not mind me asking, how did you mount those heavy cabinets?

Actually they were fairly light because of the relative strength of steel. My garage is stone, so I used lead sleeves and drilled them in, but because it is not climate controlled, and it is steel, I used a 1x3 standoff from the wall. Right or wrong, it is working great for years...

If it's in the budget, look up Saber Cabinets. Rock solid, great color choices and beautiful solid hardware.
I researched for months before choosing them and I haven't been disappointed.
I ordered quite a few (9 elements) and it ended up being 3K……..more than I really wanted to spend, but then I thought about how I don't hesitate to spend $1.5K for a set of tires that last every two years or so, while the cabinets might last 20 years or more. I have found with garage cabinets that "you get what you pay for" really applies. Get something tough that lasts……….you have a 993 so you know the value of this. Also, Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, is the line of cabinets, benches and rolling carts from Sam's Club...the line is called Seville Classics Ultra HD https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-cabinets/ The steel is easily twice as thick as that in the Gladiator cabinets. The stainless steel is a little fussy (fingerprints, dirt, dust, and grease show up easily) and the doors could use a reinforcement piece in the center to stiffen them up, but other than that, I have zero complaints regarding them.

My total was less than $2000 and I have 2 of the tall cabinets, 2 of the benches, 4 of the roller carts (2 with full drawers, 2 with doors-stacked and mounted on top), 1 of the rolling bench with drawers, 6 of the wall cabinets, 1 desk (no longer available), 1 midsize roller cart (50% larger than the other roller carts-no longer available) and 3 matching butcher-block pneumatic stools (no longer available)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6speed ... 59b500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back