07 F250 6.0L Delvac 1 5w40 up to 14K on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up to 14K miles on this oil now and still looking pretty good.

Viscosity is getting pretty low, insoluables are great, flash point is still outstanding, I'm pushing for 20K now!

Why are you trying to wear the block out, as the Lead figure is high and the viscosity too low. Looks like a 10K mile OCI would make sense.
Not a fan of oils that lack both Moly and Boron.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Why are you trying to wear the block out, as the Lead figure is high and the viscosity too low. Looks like a 10K mile OCI would make sense.
Pb of 5 isn't exactly wearing the bearings (not the cast iron block) out. This is actually a pretty good testimonial for D1 (paging Doug Hillary)-this engine usually shears oil badly inside of 7500, he's near double that.

Ahh the 6.0, I haven't seen one of these reports in a while. While I ran 10w-30 at 7,500 mi. OCI I don't think viscosity ever fell below 10.5, I do remember a Rotella 5w-40 sample dropping to 9.8.

Your sample looks great, keep on trucking. I wonder if the rev-x actually helped with viscosity, I've heard its carrier oil is quite heavy.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
The oil doesn't need the extra additives.

The Rev-X was several OCIs ago, I doubt there's any left in the engine.

I run a Purolator Pure One filter, no bypass filter.

I am getting a little nervous about going this far on oil but I'm trying to let analysis dictate the change interval going forward.

I doubt the universal averages are 14,000 miles. the numbers are great the visc is light but the engines can run 10W-30 w so lets see what happens Delvac 1 is the best in it's class. Lots of viscosity improvers in 5W-40 oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back