Anyone having problems with Photobucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Photobucket.com for years to post images of my UOAs and other things without issue.

Last night, I received two new UOAs I want to post to this forum, but I could not get photobucket to work. I had great difficulty getting the login page to respond, and when I finally got logged in, I could not successfully upload my images. I gave up last night after a couple hours of trying.

So, this morning, after I got to work, I tried again from my work computer. Same problems.

Anyone else having difficulty? What other image posting sites could I use?

In general, I'd recommend using imgur. I'm not sure if Photobucket is this way, but a lot of image hosts take down images from of accounts, leaving various old posts useless as the image disappears.

Imgur images typically stay up until you explicitly take them down.

I went and looked for you @ 9AM EST...

Home page opened no problem but when you click login the little black window opens but there are no fields to fill in so you can actually do so. I don't login using Facebook or whatever the other option is ( Twitter? ) so don't know if those are working. Tried using some of the links to see if I could get to a login screen that way and they all resulted in a can't open page message.

Just went and checked again while typing this and now I can't even open the home page. They are either having technical issues or are doing some sort of update. Happens frequently with them from what I have seen. But, it is free so what can you do.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: mooferz
In general, I'd recommend using imgur. I'm not sure if Photobucket is this way, but a lot of image hosts take down images from of accounts, leaving various old posts useless as the image disappears.

PB has never removed a photo of mine. I have images that must be 10+ years old stored there.

Photobucket is the same way. I've been using it since 2005.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Photobucket is the same way. I've been using it since 2005.

I might've been thinking of Tinypic or imageshack.

I hate photo bucket. It does not show on work computers (blocks sharing/storage sites). Way too many posts over the years that I look at the the pics are no longer there (get that stupid cat image from photo bucket saying no longer available).
The great news is there is now the ability to upload pics directly onto BITOG, no need for an external photo site.

Just click on the icon circled in the pic and post the pic from your computer.

Photobucket has turned into a cesspool, I've used them since 05 and Ive offloaded my photos from there. I then switched to imgur and paid for a account which they got rid off but now their site is slowly going bad.

Photobucket was never any good for long term forum posts. So many good tech threads lose images because of PhotoBucket procedures.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Photobucket was never any good for long term forum posts. So many good tech threads lose images because of PhotoBucket procedures.

I've got photobucket photos posted in threads 10 years ago that still show correctly.

The reason photobucket images stop showing is that people move them to a different folder on Photobucket, delete them, or rename them, or change permissions thus making them inaccessible.

I've got photobucket photos posted in threads 10 years ago that still show correctly.

The reason photobucket images stop showing is that people move them to a different folder on Photobucket, delete them, or rename them, or change permissions thus making them inaccessible.

Exactly QP. When the photos are gone from posts it is due to the actions of the person with the account who owns the photos. They did something that altered things not PB.

I have posts on forums that are more than a decade old that will still be showing the photos I linked to in them. However, that is because I have left the photos alone on PB. As long as I leave them in the same palce and don't delete them they will be there indefinitely.

Not sure what these procedures are some think PB has that cause photos to vanish?

Last edited:

I guess it's not an issue on unpopular forums. I've seen way too many "look who's popular" images come up for free photobucket account users.

IIRC PB nukes your account for inactivity but it's very very generous as in you have to go years without paying attention to them.

QP's scenario is most likely.

Too bad they don't work together with archive.org's "wayback machine" as some sort of premium service if a viewer just "has to" see an old, missing pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back