Chewing gum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chewing gum will dissolve quickly. I can dissolve Wrigley's in three hours just by chewing. Gets all nasty.

If you eat TONS of it then I can see a blockage forming. But if you swallowed gum once in a while it would just push through like anything else. There is nothing inside of you STOPPING the gum.

Corn doesn't get digested either but it doesn't just stay in there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
If you swallow a piece of chewing gum, does it really stay in your stomach for seven years?

LOL.
this question is worthy of merk.
yes, the chewing gum will stay in your stomach for at least 7 years. then, it will eventually plug up your small intestine, and you will spontaneously combust ... only if you do not fully chew your corn.
only on bitog will you get comedy like this.
fire up another one, and watch the ball game.
thanks for the laugh,and have a good night.

If you swallow a piece of chewing gum, does it really stay in your stomach for seven years?

There are still people foolish enough to chew gum? I was always reminded of cattle chewing their cud when I saw someone chomping on gum.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

There are still people foolish enough to chew gum? I was always reminded of cattle chewing their cud when I saw someone chomping on gum.

my partner on a few jobs chewed gum .... said that it calmed him down. whatever works.

pop -- what say you about the O.P.'s question ?

Real farmers have a positive association of extended cud chewing because it directly correlates with bovine health. It is an indicator of herd contentment, comfort, and overall health. The more, the better. Keep on chewing gentlemen!

The stomach acid is strong.

I'd say 7 years is an absolute minimum. I just passed a piece of Hubba Bubba and I can't remember the last time I saw that stuff on a shelf.

In 1950, my HS Biology teacher said "Chew each bite till it dissolves in you mouth" . I think about that when I see
guys stuffing hotdogs in their mouths at eating contests!

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

What's foolish about chewing gum (as long as it's sugarless)?

I got a few laughs out of this thread
smile.gif

Nothing stays in your stomach for 7 years. If you can't digest it, you'll just poop it out the next day. Haven't you ever heard of people swallowing objects (coins, keys, jewels, bags of drugs, etc) and pooping them out? What makes you think gum is any different?

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Nothing stays in your stomach for 7 years. If you can't digest it, you'll just poop it out the next day. Haven't you ever heard of people swallowing objects (coins, keys, jewels, bags of drugs, etc) and pooping them out? What makes you think gum is any different?

i thought there is a guiness records guy (US based) who eaten a helicopter and some planes....double teethed too...
i would hate to be the guy servicing his sewer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back